Plasti Dip

Thatfrlad

Apr 25, 2019
Wiltshire
Hi guys I just got some pre cut wrap from eBay stuck it on just now, now I know it doesn’t look perfect and there’s still chrome, just looking for your (HONEST) opinions? Don’t be nice. Will actually be interesting to see how long they last :drive1:

I like how that looks on the outside badges but not sure about the steering wheel. I must admit I would be interested to know how long the stickers last as had considered them before Plasti-dip.

Thatfrlad

Apr 25, 2019
Wiltshire
Well my first attempt didn't go great. Followed instructions but seemed to get a few bubbles which obviously I don't want but nevermind; I'll try again

I got that a few times when i started using it, just have to peel and try again. When i cleaned i just used baby wipes and then dried with paper towel. I need to redomy rear badge as I forgot to cut round the edge before removing masking to it lift at the edge.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I like how that looks on the outside badges but not sure about the steering wheel. I must admit I would be interested to know how long the stickers last as had considered them before Plasti-dip.
I do a lot of miles and wash two times a week quite often so will be a good test lol, I’ll keep you updated! What’s your thoughts on the steering wheel badge then? I mean I don’t think any of them look brilliant tbh but “it’ll do”.

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Anyone any tips on best way to cover up the grill?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thatfrlad

Apr 25, 2019
Wiltshire
I do a lot of miles and wash two times a week quite often so will be a good test lol, I’ll keep you updated! What’s your thoughts on the steering wheel badge then? I mean I don’t think any of them look brilliant tbh but “it’ll do”.

Personally i like my steering wheel badge standard. It looks good same as the outside badges Its just my personal choice that i prefer the steering badge standard. I have always liked the look of carbon (who doesn't) and i actually like the contrast with the silver of the badges edges instead of the whole badge being carbon.

Reactions: LR231998

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Personally i like my steering wheel badge standard. It looks good same as the outside badges Its just my personal choice that i prefer the steering badge standard. I have always liked the look of carbon (who doesn't) and i actually like the contrast with the silver of the badges edges instead of the whole badge being carbon.
Thanks for the detailed opinion pal! Yeah I was in two minds about steering wheel badge but I do like it; and as you say I like the contrast too. It won’t last long so not going to get my hopes up haha. Thanks for the feedback though bro! There’s not enough “constructive” opinions with modified cars (even something this small) it’s all “love” or “hate” with no real feedback! Great to have some thoughts :)

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
It's a shame the decals are thin overlays and not gel badges which would look better and last longer, got to be a market for them as there are for Ford ones which can be bought

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Just in the process of plastic dipping the grill; for the final coat does anyone know if it's better to remove any masking tape whilst the paint is still wet or wait until it's dry?

Cheers

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
How many coats have you put on? are you putting the glossifier on top?

I've got a couple of tins but still unsure if i should use this or get mine wrapped?

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
How many coats have you put on? are you putting the glossifier on top?

I've got a couple of tins but still unsure if i should use this or get mine wrapped?
I started with 2 very light and even coats, 15 minute wait between each and then a heavier 3rd coat then 2 heavy coats and leaving it to dry for an hour on the last coat before removing any masking tape. Make sure to leave around an inch of gap between the area being sprayed and the masking tape for a clean peel when finished... I've not yet used the glossifier though

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I started with 2 very light and even coats, 15 minute wait between each and then a heavier 3rd coat then 2 heavy coats and leaving it to dry for an hour on the last coat before removing any masking tape. Make sure to leave around an inch of gap between the area being sprayed and the masking tape for a clean peel when finished... I've not yet used the glossifier though

Pics :)

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Not bad for a 1st attempt plenty of research beforehand
85baf497b9a50a06db6fc208c0c2983e.jpg
765d561b3bf1c73868d168788558791c.jpg
39e635b56722d4957d4572cfbddabb4b.jpg
c7d82d3888b3b3856d5a8001e2ddcec5.jpg

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
That looks pretty good - did you not want to do the front badge to match the rear?

If my plastidip is still useable (had it for a few years ) i'm going to do mine next weekend - sod wrapping unless i balls it up :)

Thatfrlad

Apr 25, 2019
Wiltshire
That looks really good. Like the white and black contrast. I didn't see your earlier post about wait till dry or remove when wet. I also waited till dry but ran a fresh Stanley blade around the grille and badges to prevent the masking from peeling away the paint.

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Also which splitter is that and was it easy to fit? Have been looking to get one for ages.
That's a maxton design splitter and incredibly easy! Literally just a handful of self drilling screws and your away with no wobble!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.