Seat Ensurance

Clodius

Jun 23, 2019
London
Update. I did a simulation with, no fault, one incident and with no incident. The difference in premiums were at this moment:
+71£ - 1 incident
+127£ - 2 incidents
What’s worrying is that the premium is nearly double anyway (with no incident - 1000£). Oh, well! I just have to wait until next year to see

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Update. I did a simulation with, no fault, one incident and with no incident. The difference in premiums were at this moment:
+71£ - 1 incident
+127£ - 2 incidents
What’s worrying is that the premium is nearly double anyway (with no incident - 1000£). Oh, well! I just have to wait until next year to see

My no claims were not affected as it was a non fault claim.

Unfortunately though statistically you/I are now more likely to be involved in an at fault claim.

The single non fault claim pushed my premium up by £70. I haven’t done a recent quote with both incidents on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aimez

Yes 4 months after finally getting a newer car I was giving way at a roundabout and woman crashed into the back of my car, her insurance were offering to pay out to save costs but they wouldn't use approved Seat bookshop and with the he car being under warranty and knowing how insurance bodyshop are usually rush jobs I was instant on it being done at an approved body shop (also we used the bodyhop vie my work). If you have any issues after the accident I have vision of warranty not paying and the bodyshop not paying so wanted things square with Seat. I had to go via my insurance company but paid no excess and used Seat Esurance for the loan car and made sure it went to the approved bodyshop. Cost 3k for new rear bumper and boot floor weld! No doubt will be used to rip me off as have to declare for 5 years.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Few years ago cyclist ran into side of the car, not my fault. My insurance paid his bike repairs, clothes cut by paramedics to see he was ok and cost me door repair excess and a massive policy increase the next year as this was the second no fault accident in the same policy year. First one foreign truck pulled into my line caused me to hit central reservation then across to left hand barrier and he just :censored: off!

Clodius

Jun 23, 2019
London
Alright, guys. My saga has come to an end. I had 2 separate incidents within 2 weeks. The insurance companies got mixed up with the repair approvals so I had to contact the insurance companies myself and clear things up. Did that with Ensurance as well. Spent a lot of time on the phone. Luckily everything was sorted out and the car is good as new. Happy with the outcome, not thrilled by the overall experience.
If I can help with any advice please let me know

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It is very wrong, but the problem is, to have been involved in a collision means your risk profile must be higher than someone who has not (yet) been involved in a collision, regardless of who was to blame.

When I bought my Audi S4, I got an email from Ensurance and being a bit suspicious thought that it must be a hoax as Insurance was being spelt wrongly - I was wrong!

So, I've suggested when my older daughter gets contact by Ensurance that she takes it, I think that this is just VW Group trying to direct/keep more of the body shop work within their network, which is fair enough as long as we benefit at every point in the delivered service.

The first time that I used a dealership's body shop was when my wife's nearly new Fiesta got run into slightly by our new neighbours son at a roundabout! I regretted that choice, rear skirt replaced, only outside face painted, as I discovered many years later!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members