MY19 Leon Cupra Fuel filler cap won’t open in warm weather?

Aug 18, 2019
What’s your point?

It’s not always a good thing - look at the new Fiesta ST compared to the outgoing one.

If you don’t want to look like a “poor man” then get a Rolls Royce, I really don’t understand that saying.

Ironically It’s usually the people who know nothing about cars and models and trim levels who drive around in POS broken leaking Astra’s who say that. Golf is a poor mans S3. S3 is a poor mans RS3. RS3 is a poor mans RS6.... see where I’m going? Where do you stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All what I was sayin wS that it’s like u Carnt afford an Audi or bmw and u don’t c a lot of them around so your happy with yours then r u? I was lookin at a fiesta st 3

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
I started out looking at a golf r and discovered the cupra significantly cheaper. I prefer the looks of the seat and the interior design. Seats build quality has improved drastically with the latest mk3 and is just as good as the VW or Audi alternatives imo. Just doesnt make sense to spend more unless you want 4 wheel drive unless your a badge snob.

Reactions: Adam Ellis
Aug 18, 2019
I started out looking at a golf r and discovered the cupra significantly cheaper. I prefer the looks of the seat and the interior design. Seats build quality has improved drastically with the latest mk3 and is just as good as the VW or Audi alternatives imo. Just doesnt make sense to spend more unless you want 4 wheel drive unless your a badge snob.
Yes I c what u mean so u think there gud then what’s it lik on fuel please, what colour hav u got? Any options on it

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
I have the desire red and love it I think it's the best colour but I'm biased only prob is the badge is now copper and I'm not sure it would go the best. I actually think the silver looks best now with the copper badge. Fuel economy shocked me at how good it is I think it's mainly to do with how well the dsg controls the gears. In normal mode driving normally 35mpg is easily attainable. Even when in Cupra mode with fast bursts 30 is the norm. You would have to use manual mode and be really pushing it to get bad mpg.

Aug 18, 2019
I have the desire red and love it I think it's the best colour but I'm biased only prob is the badge is now copper and I'm not sure it would go the best. I actually think the silver looks best now with the copper badge. Fuel economy shocked me at how good it is I think it's mainly to do with how well the dsg controls the gears. In normal mode driving normally 35mpg is easily attainable. Even when in Cupra mode with fast bursts 30 is the norm. You would have to use manual mode and be really pushing it to get bad mpg.
Think the grey looks nice with the cooper badge how long hav u had yours 4? Hav u the digital cockpit

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
All what I was sayin wS that it’s like u Carnt afford an Audi or bmw and u don’t c a lot of them around so your happy with yours then r u? I was lookin at a fiesta st 3

I can afford a Golf R, an S3 or even a BMW M140i but You’d be an idiot to get an Audi or BMW in my opinion. Love my Cupra Performance is brilliant build quality in mine is great. Fuel economy you can get 40mpg going steady but usually get around 35. Everyone and their dog has an Audi S3/ Golf R/ BMW “M” / Fiesta ST. How many cupras do you see? But end of the day choice is yours, you would be missing out if you got a Fiesta ST instead is all I’ll say. But I don’t know what you want as a Fiesta ST is completely different to a Leon Cupra in every aspect.

Just test drive them and make your own mind up.

Aug 18, 2019
I can afford a Golf R, an S3 or even a BMW M140i but You’d be an idiot to get an Audi or BMW in my opinion. Love my Cupra Performance is brilliant build quality in mine is great. Fuel economy you can get 40mpg going steady but usually get around 35. Everyone and their dog has an Audi S3/ Golf R/ BMW “M” / Fiesta ST. How many cupras do you see? But end of the day choice is yours, you would be missing out if you got a Fiesta ST instead is all I’ll say. But I don’t know what you want as a Fiesta ST is completely different to a Leon Cupra in every aspect.

Just test drive them and make your own mind up.
Yes I agree with what your sayin just thought a bit boring inside that’s all I can get. Gud deal on 1 T the minute £299 a month I think cos the new shape is out not keen on the inside that stupid tablet info system just put on the dash

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Yes I agree with what your sayin just thought a bit boring inside that’s all I can get. Gud deal on 1 T the minute £299 a month I think cos the new shape is out not keen on the inside that stupid tablet info system just put on the dash

1 T? Guess you mean the ST? £299 a month is loads. That’s brand new Cupra/ premium car brand prices

I hate Ford and I hate their interiors horrible cheap scratchy plastics and yeah those tablet screens look awful.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
1 T? Guess you mean the ST? £299 a month is loads. That’s brand new Cupra/ premium car brand prices

I hate Ford and I hate their interiors horrible cheap scratchy plastics and yeah those tablet screens look awful.

Have to agree having owned a Fiesta ST. Ford have some of the worst designed and quality interiors at the moment. Put me completely off the new Focus ST. Also you see them everywhere. There are 3 last gen Focus STs on my street, no Cupras.

Reactions: LR231998

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Have to agree having owned a Fiesta ST. Ford have some of the worst designed and quality interiors at the moment. Put me completely off the new Focus ST. Also you see them everywhere. There are 3 last gen Focus STs on my street, no Cupras.

Yeah they’re nearly as common as a “Limited edition” Corsa!

Aug 18, 2019

That’s 4 the cupra on 3 years 8000 a year

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Ignore what we all say - take one out for a test drive along with the other cars you are thinking off.

Then get your trusty list of wants and compare the various cars you like to see which suits you best.
When I was in Aftersales and people used to ask me about car X and car Y, I'm really thinking about car Z...go and see if you can hire one for the day/weekend. Better than a trip round the block with a salesman who doesn't stop talking about the car and you can check fit of shopping/golf clubs/wheelchair/3 piece suite and whatever else you want to in your own time. Better now to realise it than waste 3 or 4 years with the car.

It also stopped people mithering me and blaming me if they couldn't get a 3 piece suite in!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.