Rattle inside

Deluxe

Jul 25, 2017
Hi.
When My Cupra My19 downshifts and rolling while the engine breaks it makes a rattling noise on the inside. It comes from the right side I think... I cant locate it. Anyonewith the same problem?

-antero-

Sep 22, 2017
Estonia
Jep, same here. So far I have not located where it comes from :(
This happens also when standing behind traffic light, gear in D and Cupra mode active. Usually it is noticeable when revs are around 1500.

Jun 18, 2019
Happened to me aswell, located and fixed the problem using a lift. Apperently a hose,pcv or some cable(was not there so could not really picture it when being explained to me) was laying flat on top of the fueltank making the rattle noises. They used a ziptie and a predrilled hole above the tank and secured the hose.
Hope this helps!

Regards,
Denz

Skickat från min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

Reactions: -antero-

Deluxe

Jul 25, 2017
Happened to me aswell, located and fixed the problem using a lift. Apperently a hose,pcv or some cable(was not there so could not really picture it when being explained to me) was laying flat on top of the fueltank making the rattle noises. They used a ziptie and a predrilled hole above the tank and secured the hose.
Hope this helps!

Regards,
Denz

Did it rattle from the front? Sounds a bit strange that the problem is from the back of the car?

Jun 18, 2019
Did it rattle from the front? Sounds a bit strange that the problem is from the back of the car?
Yeah I thought so aswell at first, figured it might be the doorcards or something around the speakers. But the sound shifted from time to time. Sometimes I was sure it was straight under the front passanger seat,and then next time rear seats, but always on the right side.

Had this problem for almost a month! Summertime and all service employees had vaccation. So I was sceptical the first couple of days without rattles. Seemed to quick and easy of a fix lol.
Since the hole was pre-drilled at facory some one probably just forgot to secure the hose.

I'm pretty sure you could check the hose by just jacking the car, we used a lift while I was in front, giving light throttle so they could locate the area and trying to fix it.

Deluxe

Jul 25, 2017
It sounds like my problem

Wheres the hose located?

Ser att du är svensk, vart sitter slangen som ska buntas fast nånstans?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.