Project Cupra ST 300 by _Dejan_ - Stage 3 530HP

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
500hp here we come:)

(Lahk uprasam odkod si,glede na to da pri CSS delas dyno?)

Poslano z mojega SM-G390F z uporabo Tapatalk

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Its interesting how much power can u get from "small" 2.0 engine. Stock internals.

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Ok here we are :) I have car at home for few days :)
Car on dyno made 511HP@6757rpm and 578Nm@4420rpm at 1.9bar boost :)

CUPRA_Dyno_Stage3.jpg

Here is also video from dyno:

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
The bar is reached..500+ hp..a real bmw/audi killer!!!
How does it feel when u put pedal to the floor at trafic light...and ricer with dady's car stays faaaar behind

Do u plan going any higher on power?

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
I don't plan to go higher because we hit limit with 1.9bar of boost and fuel don't allow us get more power... In our country we don't have E85 or some racing fuel so I have no option to get more power from car... Now in higher gears when outside is 32°C(90°F) IAT is around 54°C(130°F) and ECU start timing adaption on cylinders...
I currently run original spar plugs which I need to replace for colder ones(NGK R7434-9) so maybe also plugs produce timing adaptations... I have also at home Bio-Ethanol and I will when I will next time refuel car add it into tank to see if it will help with timings...
Another option is water methanol injection. I have it on my previous car(Direct port injection + after intercooler injection) this will increase octanes and cool down IAT and can produce additional power... But is a lot of work and Im not sure that I wan't to go over again :) Maybe after few years :)

Deleted member 103408

Forgetting how you get more power i presume if you start to climb from 500 you would need to start looking at forging components.

Reactions: _Dejan_

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Of course after 530HP or 600Nm you need forged engine :)
My current plan is to make sure to run this power safe as possible...

Deleted member 103408

i fitted a baffled sump for the track. one of the benefits if that is bigger oil reseviour and i found cooler oil temps

Reactions: _Dejan_

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
@_Dejan_

I love how you went from "stage 3 in 6 years" to getting it all installed in less than a year :1st:

Lovely car you have and incredible numbers on the dyno, that thing must move. :happy:

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Yes you are right. Injector in cylinder 3 stuck opened and make some damage to cylinder...

Injector failure:

Damage in cylinder:

Now waiting for more information if this can be repaired with forging engine(new pistons, rods, injectors) or I need new engine...

Jun 18, 2019
How and when did it happen? During normal driving or hard acceleration?
Hope you get it sorted and don't need a new engine

Skickat från min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

@_Dejan_ i feel you pain.

Same happened to me at the race track on a sighting lap so not pushing hard at all, as it happened the engine went into limp mode and once i got back to the pits it shut the engine down so I could not do any more damage even if I tried to.

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
It happen one week ago and not during "hard" acceleration. Im accelerate in 2nd and then in 3rd gear and at 110kmh stop acceleratin then after around 5 seconds or maybe more I get flashing EPC and engine light and car start shaking when Im press acceleration pedal. And that is all. After turn off Im try start it and it start very hard and shake again... Im think that I have problems with plugs because Im waiting for racing ones and still drive on stock ones but when Im remove spark plug 3 Im hear hissing noise which has been leaking injector...

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Sad to hear. But now is perfect time to go forged. U have to open engine anyway...

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
It happen one week ago and not during "hard" acceleration. Im accelerate in 2nd and then in 3rd gear and at 110kmh stop acceleratin then after around 5 seconds or maybe more I get flashing EPC and engine light and car start shaking when Im press acceleration pedal. And that is all. After turn off Im try start it and it start very hard and shake again... Im think that I have problems with plugs because Im waiting for racing ones and still drive on stock ones but when Im remove spark plug 3 Im hear hissing noise which has been leaking injector...
That sucks.
I have been there, mine was killed by broken electrode from original rs7 spark plug after 5 kkms.
It took the engine and turbocharger shaft.
Now I have 2017 audi s3 djhb engine with 10kkm mileage.
All stage 3 parts were put back and it made 480hp.
My recommendation is to get new engine as fresh as possible. So injectors, oil pump etc will be in best possible condition.
Also unopened engine is always best. If you buy a complete motor it goes in like lego. 2 days and you are back on the road.

Unfortunately this is not cheap :(

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
I have news about my car...
All injectors are changed and hot engine have ok compression, cylinder leak test is ok and car drive normaly without any issues.
Spark plugs are changed to colder ones NGK R7438-9. Car on dyno run better than before probably because of new spark plugs or little colder weather(3,6°C colder). They also made new dyno test which provide 532HP@6545rpm and 582,1Nm@6158rpm at 1.9bar boost(Stock 3Bar MAP sensor):

CUPRA_Dyno_Stage3_2.jpg

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.