Engine mods

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
What engine mods do you boys reccomend for a 2.0 FR? Also does anyone know if you can get coloured engine bay pipes? Wouldn't mind getting mine changed to White

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
What engine mods do you boys reccomend for a 2.0 FR? Also does anyone know if you can get coloured engine bay pipes? Wouldn't mind getting mine changed to White

Intake, remap. Yeah you can dunno about white tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Intake, remap. Yeah you can dunno about white tho

I'm looking into intakes at the minute, hoping for a little advice on people's preferences tbh and got a stage 1 remap so looking to build onto stage 2

Reactions: LR231998

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I'm looking into intakes at the minute, hoping for a little advice on people's preferences tbh and got a stage 1 remap so looking to build onto stage 2

Well I have RacingLine full intake with all the turbo bits too, but I have a Cupra not sure if you can get it on yours? What’s stage 1 running? I’m not doing anything else engine wise to my Cupra apart from maybe stage 1 in the far future.

Reactions: BenH1993

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Well I have RacingLine full intake with all the turbo bits too, but I have a Cupra not sure if you can get it on yours? What’s stage 1 running? I’m not doing anything else engine wise to my Cupra apart from maybe stage 1 in the far future.

Unfortunately I only had the 2.0 150 so running 200 at minute which is nice but would like to see what else can be done

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Unfortunately I only had the 2.0 150 so running 200 at minute which is nice but would like to see what else can be done

What hardware you need for stage 2?

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
That's what I'm trying to find out lol

Well the Cupra needs intake, clutch ( at stage 1) and exhaust downpipe I believe. So not sure on the FR but imagine it’d be similar

Deleted member 103408

Just in case I am misunderstanding you for a stage one you just need software updates, no hardware is required on the Cupra with DSG.

Clutch is a weak point on the Leaon full stop but many have upgraded with no issues and many have had issues on stock car.

There are lots of things you can add to make the car better but to be fair the stock airbox will handle 500bhp but a better air intake and pipework will always help, You should not need upgraded exhaust downpipe for stage one - stage 2 yes but not 1 and in fact I was told it would cause issues with the Stage 1 map i already had on the car fitting it.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Just in case I am misunderstanding you for a stage one you just need software updates, no hardware is required on the Cupra with DSG.

Clutch is a weak point on the Leaon full stop but many have upgraded with no issues and many have had issues on stock car.

There are lots of things you can add to make the car better but to be fair the stock airbox will handle 500bhp but a better air intake and pipework will always help, You should not need upgraded exhaust downpipe for stage one - stage 2 yes but not 1 and in fact I was told it would cause issues with the Stage 1 map i already had on the car fitting it.

Yeah think you misread a little mate; I said required for stage 2, just clutch for stage 1.

But OP has an FR so not sure the similarity in hardware requirements?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008

you currently have the best bang for buck with a simple remap

for any more substantial power you will need a healthy bank account.

intakes on a diesel are pointless as they run on excess air anyways, and they sound naff too, even a panel filter on a turbo I would not recommend, I want to keep my turbo in tact so oem filter every 10k is the job

if you want decent power you will be looking at things like

front mount intercooler
hybrid / bigger turbo
uprated clutch / flywheel
uprated exhaust system
uprated injectors
uprated brake system

personally I wouldn't bother, if you want a fast diesel i'd recommend a 3.0 diesel audi / bmw out of the box

(I have assumed your 2.0 150 fr as a diesel if this is wrong please ignore this post)

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Just a thought mate.

Most 184's map to around 225bhp some do better.

Difference between the 150 and 184 is turbo and injectors, sounds like a solid upgrade path to me. Genuine 25bhp to be had.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
^ to put that 25bhp into money terms

new injectors what £500-1000 fitted
new turbo fitted £1000-1500
custom mapping £500

With that power probably blow clutch and flywheel so there's another £1250 fitted

so your talking anywhere from £3250-£4250

then we haven't even costed for bigger intercooler, new exhaust / brakes

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
^ to put that 25bhp into money terms

new injectors what £500-1000 fitted
new turbo fitted £1000-1500
custom mapping £500

With that power probably blow clutch and flywheel so there's another £1250 fitted

so your talking anywhere from £3250-£4250

then we haven't even costed for bigger intercooler, new exhaust / brakes

Buy a Cupra ;)

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds

Am I mistaken in thinking that it's advisable to get the DSG remapped as well as the engine? I've been told the DSG can be remapped before the engine, but not the other way around.

Deleted member 103408

I went stage 1 without Dsg map but did the dsg map at same time as engine when i went stage 3.

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
you currently have the best bang for buck with a simple remap

for any more substantial power you will need a healthy bank account.

intakes on a diesel are pointless as they run on excess air anyways, and they sound naff too, even a panel filter on a turbo I would not recommend, I want to keep my turbo in tact so oem filter every 10k is the job

if you want decent power you will be looking at things like

front mount intercooler
hybrid / bigger turbo
uprated clutch / flywheel
uprated exhaust system
uprated injectors
uprated brake system

personally I wouldn't bother, if you want a fast diesel i'd recommend a 3.0 diesel audi / bmw out of the box

(I have assumed your 2.0 150 fr as a diesel if this is wrong please ignore this post)
Well that is a little depressing lol

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Am I mistaken in thinking that it's advisable to get the DSG remapped as well as the engine? I've been told the DSG can be remapped before the engine, but not the other way around.
Why do we need a DSG map why can’t they sort the issues,it’s great but with a few tweaks hence the map I bet it’s great but costs us and can cause issues with warranty etc but all we want is that perfect car !

Deleted member 103408

All modifications to the car have potential to affect the warranty (including things like Carista / OBD11/ VCDS) because its not how the car rolled of the production line.

Why do you need a dsg map in simple terms you have changed the power output from the engine so the gearbox needs to be changed to support that. Plus the mappers will add in extra safty features and extra settings that the stock car did not come with.

Example on a stage one map (DSG)

• Launch Control variable RPM
  • At 0-30% throttle launch RPM is 2500
  • At 45-60% throttle launch RPM is 3000
  • At 70% throttle launch RPM is 3250
  • At 85-100% throttle launch RPM is 3500
  • In Launch Control Mode 6300rpm rev limit
  • In Drive and Sports Mode gear shifts at 6500rpm
  • In Manual Mode gear shifts 6600rpm
  • In Drive and Eco mode at low RPM, 2nd gear is held unless you come to a stop
  • Removed 'Kickdown' in Manual mode
  • Optimised shift speeds
But you can carry on with modified engine and stock gearbox.

For me the point of modding is getting the perfect car for ME which may not be what you want.
Car manufactures build cars to sell to the majority and its very rare to find the perfect car off the shelf

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise