De-badge

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
I'm looking at getting another Cupra, new one I got delivered on March 1st this year got pinched after 8 weeks. How easy is it to remove the Cupra badge on the front and lettering on the back? Will prob get the badges wrapped. Just trying to make it less obvious when they come driving round the estate like they did when the took my other, cheers guys

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I'm looking at getting another Cupra, new one I got delivered on March 1st this year got pinched after 8 weeks. How easy is it to remove the Cupra badge on the front and lettering on the back? Will prob get the badges wrapped. Just trying to make it less obvious when they come driving round the estate like they did when the took my other, cheers guys
Did it get done with keyless ?

What area do you live ?

The front badge I think is a few pins and the lettering would be stuck on I presume,so heat gun and careful prying off.

Reactions: Keri Stacey

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Did it get done with keyless ?

What area do you live ?

The front badge I think is a few pins and the lettering would be stuck on I presume,so heat gun and careful prying off.
Cheers, no it was keys they broke into house and took them from the Barnsley area

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Yup, asleep in bed. They left the keys for the Audi Q7 that were at the side of mine
Ooooo how did they get in,sorry for all the Q’s this topic has been quite hot.

I’m considering Ghost Autowatch immobiliser but was worried about them breaking in but I guess they still do anyway !

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Ooooo how did they get in,sorry for all the Q’s this topic has been quite hot.

I’m considering Ghost Autowatch immobiliser but was worried about them breaking in but I guess they still do anyway !
It's ok ask away. They got in through the patio doors but to be fair we were quite slack. It's a new build with no real access to the back other than over a 2ft wide 6 ft fence which they got over from next door as their house is slightly higher. We'd left the original handles and locks in so it was fairly easy. The handles and locks have all been replaced now with Secure by Design ones and a Patlock. Am currently looking at an internal smart alarm and have fitted an external camera with an alarm to try and put them off. I've seen the ghost immobiliser but going to put posts on the drive. I suppose it's just doing things that are visible to put them off. They went and looked at an Audi SQ5 first but their house has loads of security on including roller shutters on the patio. Just don't take your keys to bed, that was the advice from the police and the house insurance

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
badges on the boot are glued on. Easy to remove. A kettle of water to soften the glue is my preferred method.

Unfortunately the twin tail pipes and the extra front bumper holes are a dead giveaway for the cupra models, if your potential thief knows what to look for.

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
badges on the boot are glued on. Easy to remove. A kettle of water to soften the glue is my preferred method.

Unfortunately the twin tail pipes and the extra front bumper holes are a dead giveaway for the cupra models, if your potential thief knows what to look for.
Thanks, yeh I appreciate that but generally the car is reversed back to a garage door so they'd have to get on the floor to see the back and I know there are the extra holes on the front. Just trying to reduce the first glance look as they drove passed in a car. Have even thought about trying to swap the Cupra badge on the front to an FR one

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
It's ok ask away. They got in through the patio doors but to be fair we were quite slack. It's a new build with no real access to the back other than over a 2ft wide 6 ft fence which they got over from next door as their house is slightly higher. We'd left the original handles and locks in so it was fairly easy. The handles and locks have all been replaced now with Secure by Design ones and a Patlock. Am currently looking at an internal smart alarm and have fitted an external camera with an alarm to try and put them off. I've seen the ghost immobiliser but going to put posts on the drive. I suppose it's just doing things that are visible to put them off. They went and looked at an Audi SQ5 first but their house has loads of security on including roller shutters on the patio. Just don't take your keys to bed, that was the advice from the police and the house insurance
Yer I have cameras and a Yale alarm.ghost would combat keyless but then adds they would have to ask me for the code ! That’s my worry

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
I always put mine in the garage as soon I get home. The longest it's on the drive is when I wash it. Hopefully, it makes just a little bit harder for the t**ts to find it, but if they really want your car there's not much you can do.

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
I always put mine in the garage as soon I get home. The longest it's on the drive is when I wash it. Hopefully, it makes just a little bit harder for the t**ts to find it, but if they really want your car there's not much you can do.
Theres no chance of me putting mine in the garage for all the stuff my husband has although he has mentioned it. Having said that I don't think they actually think about you getting a car in a new build one these days

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
Having said that I don't think they actually think about you getting a car in a new build one these days
I know what you mean. There's not much room to spare with my garage either. It took me awhile to become proficient. I still have a couple of barbell weights on the floor to physically stop me going too far.

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
I know what you mean. There's not much room to spare with my garage either. It took me awhile to become proficient. I still have a couple of barbell weights on the floor to physically stop me going too far.
Good idea, they don't give you any room to put anything in other than a car or fill it with the crap you own

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
For letters on the back best thing to do is hairdryer on heat, couple inches away and move it back and forth heating it up then use fishing wire, start at a corner and it generally just cuts straight through it. Dont be trying to pry anything off or bend a corner cause the other corner could end up digging into the paint and damaging it. After cleaned you could maybe still end up seeing the outline of it so just use some Polish to clean everything up. YouTube if not sure.

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
For letters on the back best thing to do is hairdryer on heat, couple inches away and move it back and forth heating it up then use fishing wire, start at a corner and it generally just cuts straight through it. Dont be trying to pry anything off or bend a corner cause the other corner could end up digging into the paint and damaging it. After cleaned you could maybe still end up seeing the outline of it so just use some Polish to clean everything up. YouTube if not sure.
Cheers for this, that's useful thanks

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia

6b2d2849b2b2380cc9e29d594826d9b3.jpg

Mine debadged on the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members