Retrofit Auto Lights/Wipers on 2017 MY18 Leon FR

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
No,it is possible,I switched to facelift BCM and facelift Gateway because of retrofit of facelift headlights.

I am only saying VCDS is useless here.
It can be parametrized with other tools e.g. VCP,but you need a lot of experience not to brick the module.
So with facelift is the vcds useless all together now? Or just in this application please?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

simaservis1108

Jan 4, 2018
For 09 - Cent. Electrics is usefull for reading DTC’s only.No coding etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
You might find that a VCDS V2 or HEX-NET interface might do coding, the HEX-CAN USB will not work on some of the late Audi modules so possibly the same with late Seat, VW and Skoda cars.

Aug 19, 2019
Anyone figured this out. I have the same issues since installing the rain light sensor and new switch with auto position from a polo

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Hello everyone, i was inspired by another thread on this topic on here, however this was for the pre-facelift model 13-16 year. seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4714012

I have ordered a new model (MY18 i think) Leon FR Titanium Technology, these were pre-specced cars so unfortunately there was no way to alter/add options to it. Hence why I'm here :D

On the thread i linked above, a few users with the new model Leon's like mine have tried to do this but cannot find the options in VCDS to do it. So i am asking for help to anyone who knows how to do this on the new model Leons. Or could anyone confirm if the part numbers in the previous thread will work for Light sensor and Light switch.

I have full access to a Vag-Com, just want to know if i can defiantly order the parts from the previous thread,as they still look the same from the previous model.

They were:

-RLHS Sensor: 5Q0955547A

-Auto Light switch: 5G0941431AF

Any help much appreciated. Auto Lights is an invaluable option for me personally :p

Thanks.
Hi @Darren_NI.
I used the same parts on my 2018 FR with no issues.
I coded with OBDeleven using a guide on this thread....
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/rain-light-sensor-coding-mk3-fr.421370/page-15

Hope this helps.

Aug 19, 2019

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Cheers mate. I got carista thinking it would do but cant seem to change the settings. I'll need to get obd11. Will I need the standard or the pro to be able to complete the modifications.
Hi. I believe you need the pro version to be able to do mods.

Deleted member 103408

I can confirm that the standard version only allows you to make changes using apps plus error codes.

You will need to get Pro if you want to make any code changes yourself, just in case you did not know you will also need a OBD11 Dongle the one you have for Carista will not work with OBD11.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Cheers lad got the auto lights working but now the auto wipers arent automatic.
I had same issue with my facelift.
Astaller from this forum maybe can explain what need coding and how.he sorted mine too.i used vagcom.

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
Hello everyone, i was inspired by another thread on this topic on here, however this was for the pre-facelift model 13-16 year. seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4714012

I have ordered a new model (MY18 i think) Leon FR Titanium Technology, these were pre-specced cars so unfortunately there was no way to alter/add options to it. Hence why I'm here :D

On the thread i linked above, a few users with the new model Leon's like mine have tried to do this but cannot find the options in VCDS to do it. So i am asking for help to anyone who knows how to do this on the new model Leons. Or could anyone confirm if the part numbers in the previous thread will work for Light sensor and Light switch.

I have full access to a Vag-Com, just want to know if i can defiantly order the parts from the previous thread,as they still look the same from the previous model.

They were:

-RLHS Sensor: 5Q0955547A

-Auto Light switch: 5G0941431AF

Any help much appreciated. Auto Lights is an invaluable option for me personally

Thanks.
Mind if I ask;

When you bought the part did you also have to buy the sensor with it too?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.