I’ve messed up I need help

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
I reset unit 44 in obd11 for the steering assist and now I’m getting an angle sensor error, my park assist isn’t working, light regulator fault code, I dno what to do , any help?

az101

Aug 29, 2011
Burnham-on-sea
Sounds like you might need to do the basic settings for steering angle sensor. Not 100 percent sure how you do it in obd11 but I know you can do it in VAG com. There is a procedure documented on rosstech website

The fault code should give an indication of it is that then procedure is here: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00778

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Oh dear, from what I remember re learning the G85 sensor on the MQB platform is a bit of a pain, I'll see if I can dig out the guide we used a while back, it was with Vcds mind, not sure how Obdeleven will do with it!

Might be worth the small fee to get either Seat to do it with ODIS or a company that does coding!

Deleted member 103408

What does not work

Was ignition on but engine off.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
When I try to do the calibration it doesn’t work, it doesn’t stop the calibration it just keeps going

Deleted member 103408

OK Take a step back what is the error code you have.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
OK Take a step back what is the error code you have.

I’ll go scan the car again, it’s along the lines of angle sensor error no basic settings, I’m assuming the park assist is linked to it? Because my park assist isn’t working, so my parking sensors and camera, my esc doesn’t work and it’s also coming up with a light regulation fault too

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Yep, they a right **** to sort out!

Engine at idle.
[44-Steering Assist]
Rotate steering wheel 90deg left then center, 90deg right then center so steering wheel is level, front wheels pointed straight ahead.
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 19249
[Basic Settings - 04]
In Basic Settings, pick [MAS00815] Steering angle sensor
[Go!]
Rotate steering wheel all the way to the left, hold firmly against end stop for 5 seconds.
Rotate steering wheel all the way to the right, hold firmly against end stop for 5 seconds.
Center steering wheel, front wheel straight ahead.
Note: our testing of this would still be "Running", never got a message of "Finished Correctly"
[Stop]
Now a bunch of error messages and warnings will appear on the cluster, what messages you get can vary based on how the vehicles is equipped.
[Done, Go Back]
Rotate steering wheel all the way to the left, hold firmly against end stop for 5 seconds.
Rotate steering wheel all the way to the right, hold firmly against end stop for 5 seconds.
Center steering wheel, front wheel straight ahead.
Now most warning messaged in instrument cluster should be removed.
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Cycle the ignition off for 10 seconds.
Several other control modules will flag DTCs, "Databus" type codes that can now be cleared out.

Deleted member 103408

Good new, pleased its sorted and did not cost you a fortune to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Do you know what the issue was? Might be good to know if someone else is in the same position.

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
All that needed doing as I suspected was the angle sensor, just needed recalibration and everything worked again.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members