Abt....for £500!!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Two I've seen in person at dealers are not as are some pre-reg currently advertised. Hence the question.

If it’s a CUPRA R ST that’s pre registered and not ABT then I’d suggest discussing with the dealer who has it. As @Damo H says most will already have the ABT pack (why wouldn’t they fit an extra £500).

I know that the dealer has to supply Seat UK and ABT with details of the car and to confirm it is an R ST so it may be possible (unless there’s a clause saying it must be fitted prior to registering).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
If it wasn't factory specced they it will cost you full amount and wont be warrantied.

I’m not so sure about this.
Based on my experience of actually buying one there’s is nothing ‘factory specced’ about the process.

The car arrives at the dealer as a standard 300ps car.
When dealer gets the car they run diagnostics/logs etc etc and send these with Vin number direct to Richter Motorsports.
Richter then send a module to the dealer for that car within 48hours.
Dealer fits, tests, then you get your car.

The R ST’s all leave the factory as a standard car, and are all registered first as such by the dealer eg 300ps.
The ABT module is just an add on modification that happens post registration.

I therefore see no reason why one couldn’t be added to a pre reg car as the OP asked.

Edit: I’ve also seen an unconfirmed post on the Cupra Facebook group that the ABT can be added to any R ST as long as it’s done less than 1k miles ???? This could be BS though

Last edited:

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
ABT was added to my car before it was registered, I know this for sure as there was a problem registering my car for some bizzare reason and took a week to do so.. it was still done at dealership level though as it was 300ps when sat in showroom. there was no way it was leaving without ABT!!

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
ABT was added to my car before it was registered, I know this for sure as there was a problem registering my car for some bizzare reason and took a week to do so.. it was still done at dealership level though as it was 300ps when sat in showroom. there was no way it was leaving without ABT!!

So is your car registered at having 350 or 300ps ?

I queried this at the time with both dealer and Seat.
Both came back with response that as cars leave factory as 300ps they have to be registered as such for WLTP.

Of course it’s possible for the dealer to fit the ABT before actual registration of the car, it’s all in the timing of when it arrives with them, when they order the ABT pack, and date customer is picking up car.

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
So is your car registered at having 350 or 300ps ?

I queried this at the time with both dealer and Seat.
Both came back with response that as cars leave factory as 300ps they have to be registered as such for WLTP.

Of course it’s possible for the dealer to fit the ABT before actual registration of the car, it’s all in the timing of when it arrives with them, when they order the ABT pack, and date customer is picking up car.

neither, just says LEON CUPRA ST R TSI 4DRIVE S-A

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I’m not so sure about this.
Based on my experience of actually buying one there’s is nothing ‘factory specced’ about the process.

The car arrives at the dealer as a standard 300ps car.
When dealer gets the car they run diagnostics/logs etc etc and send these with Vin number direct to Richter Motorsports.
Richter then send a module to the dealer for that car within 48hours.
Dealer fits, tests, then you get your car.

The R ST’s all leave the factory as a standard car, and are all registered first as such by the dealer eg 300ps.
The ABT module is just an add on modification that happens post registration.

I therefore see no reason why one couldn’t be added to a pre reg car as the OP asked.

Edit: I’ve also seen an unconfirmed post on the Cupra Facebook group that the ABT can be added to any R ST as long as it’s done less than 1k miles ???? This could be BS though

Yeh aware they are fitted in the UK as I have contacts at SEAT UK and live near Richter Sport, I've actually got a Cupra R ST ABT beign delivered to my house tomorrow actually.

I will try to get SEAT UK MD to confirm if they can be added after.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeh aware they are fitted in the UK as I have contacts at SEAT UK and live near Richter Sport, I've actually got a Cupra R ST ABT beign delivered to my house tomorrow actually.

I will try to get SEAT UK MD to confirm if they can be added after.
Haven’t you already borrowed it once?

John Temperton

Apr 12, 2019
I've just been on the phone too SEAT used car warranty about retro fitting ABT too my Cupra 290. The reply from the warranty technician is that this isn't a problem so long as the fitting hasn't been found to have caused any damage to the vehicle should it occur. Could be tricky. Alternatively I could cancel the warranty and get an independent quote?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I've just been on the phone too SEAT used car warranty about retro fitting ABT too my Cupra 290. The reply from the warranty technician is that this isn't a problem so long as the fitting hasn't been found to have caused any damage to the vehicle should it occur. Could be tricky. Alternatively I could cancel the warranty and get an independent quote?

Costly though. Expected to be approx £2000 for retrofit and warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.