Arosa 1998 central locking system

• Thread starter Deleted member 42671
  • Start date

Deleted member 42671

Hi everyone, I've had my Arosa for 10 years now (time has flown!) and it still drives very well, a great little car especially for parking! However, recently, it's started to decide to lock/unlock itself continuously, so continuously that it drained my battery. My local garage has disabled the central locking system for the passenger's door and it's now on manual mode, however the driver's door and boot are still on central locking mode and it's still going berserk.
Sooo, as I'm not planning to part with my little car just yet, my questions are:
1) does anyone know what could cause this locking/unlocking.
2) And I like to have central locking so, if it was a question of replacing the master lock and whatever motor goes with it, how much would it cost approximately?
If anyone, knows the answers (or even one of them) I'd be grateful to know them.
Many thanks in advance. :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do you have one of those rocker switches in the center console that locks / unlocks the door.Mine had a faulty contact which caused the doors to unlock randomly. Then when I drove over 10mph (or whatever speed it is) they autolocked again.

Deleted member 42671

Do you have one of those rocker switches in the center console that locks / unlocks the door.Mine had a faulty contact which caused the doors to unlock randomly. Then when I drove over 10mph (or whatever speed it is) they autolocked again.

No there aren't any switches in the centre console for the locking system, it's all in the doors.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise