ACC and Memory

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
My car has started doing a funny. Every time I flick on the ACC, it will resort to 'maximum' distance away from the in-front car.

I have to manually flick the little rocker switch back, also go into the menu and re-select 'last distance selected' as this seems to un-check itself.

Any ideas? Or is the distance thing a safety engine restart thing much like the 'mode' selection?

EDIT - I want it permanently set to closest, as this is just right for our roads where other drivers see any gap bigger, a comfortable pulling into space...:censored:

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
EDIT - I want it permanently set to closest, as this is just right for our roads where other drivers see any gap bigger, a comfortable pulling into space...:censored:

This is the one reason I hate ACC and I will never have it in one of my cars, it drives me insane!

kendo08fr

Aug 8, 2017
Glasgow
I’m laughing at this... only because I totally get it.

I think that will be the default safe mode, so can’t see it being able to change. And yes... there is nothing worse than cruising down a dual carriageway and cars nipping in causing sometimes harsh automatic breaking, because there is a nice gap.

But flip side to that... imagine the cases against VAG if you flip it on and bump into something in front.

So for that reason I think we are onto plums..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kendo08fr

Aug 8, 2017
Glasgow
I’m laughing at this... only because I totally get it.

I think that will be the default safe mode, so can’t see it being able to change. And yes... there is nothing worse than cruising down a dual carriageway and cars nipping in causing sometimes harsh automatic breaking, because there is a nice gap.

But flip side to that... imagine the cases against VAG if you flip it on and bump into something in front.

So for that reason I think we are onto plums..

But reading that again.... maximum does seem bizarre... I’ll need to check my car

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I'm certain it never used to do it... I've been using it up and down the M1 last few months and only recently, (last 2 weeks) have I noticed it...

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I think you can set the distance it defaults to in the infotainment menu.

I have done this, always had it ticked to 'last selected', but now have it selected to danger close.. Still no remembering of my wishes haha.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I have done this, always had it ticked to 'last selected', but now have it selected to danger close.. Still no remembering of my wishes haha.
It's called 'Relaxed Audi Mode'. Only Audi's get the version that lets them sniff your arse like a dog at 80mph. Either that or the drivers, but surely not that many Audi drivers can all be *content removed* surely... lol

Reactions: kendo08fr and bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
It's called 'Relaxed Audi Mode'. Only Audi's get the version that lets them sniff your arse like a dog at 80mph. Either that or the drivers, but surely not that many Audi drivers can all be *content removed* surely... lol

Ahhh that's why it wont get as close... BMW must have the premium version as well?

It seems to have fixed itself, took it out at lunch after fiddling with it all and the 'last option selected' seems to have stuck! Will try on the motorway later.

(and before when I said close, I didn't mean danger close really, in reality its a good 2 car lengths behind ;))

Reactions: kendo08fr

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ahhh that's why it wont get as close... BMW must have the premium version as well?

It seems to have fixed itself, took it out at lunch after fiddling with it all and the 'last option selected' seems to have stuck! Will try on the motorway later.

(and before when I said close, I didn't mean danger close really, in reality its a good 2 car lengths behind ;))
I used to have it on the 280 and was surprised how far back the closest setting was. It was probably a car length further away than I thought was safe. But the too close warning is still closer than I'd ever get.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I used to have it on the 280 and was surprised how far back the closest setting was. It was probably a car length further away than I thought was safe. But the too close warning is still closer than I'd ever get.

I think the crash warning is new on the system within this car as I can now select when it warns me as well, currently on medium.

In my 2014 GTD it just had a pre-set distance, which seemed to change depending on how the car felt that day!

The cruise gap on closest seems sensible if at motorway+ speeds, but there is always a car that see's that gap as large enough to squeeze into :think:

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
If you’re following the”2 second” rule there will always be a gap for a car to get into, even without squeezing.?

That's my point about there always being someone finding that gap satisfactory for them to 'squeeze' into. :thumbd:
The car sometimes overreacts to this gap invasion with braking, a sign maybe of how small that gap possibly is...

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
My car has started doing a funny. Every time I flick on the ACC, it will resort to 'maximum' distance away from the in-front car.

I have to manually flick the little rocker switch back, also go into the menu and re-select 'last distance selected' as this seems to un-check itself.

Any ideas? Or is the distance thing a safety engine restart thing much like the 'mode' selection?

I have the same car and mine doesn't reset with that option selected. I have it set to closest as only use it in traffic jams where it is the best option I've ever owned on the car. It makes traffic jams just that little bit less :censored:. Without the option selected default seems to be mid selection so no idea why yours is resetting to maximum. Unless default can be changed in a different place?

Hopefully you've resolved your issue.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
You can set the distance to close by default and untick last selected and it’ll memorise close. Could on my MK6 Ibiza anyway. I used it on medium close was too close so I’m thinking maybe they’ve changed it.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
@Kirky @LR231998 the issue, for now, seems to have cleared itself. I cycled through the options, un-ticking/resetting my options and it seems to have made the computer notice the requests.:thumbup:

Reactions: Kirky
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise