MK 2 Leon Cupra Performance clutches

Kdawg7

Feb 1, 2019
I have a Mk2 Leon cupra and I’ve been struggling to find what performance clutch to buy. I read some people don’t get clutch slip at 310bhp and some do. Unfortunately I am doing and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some good recommendations for clutch upgrades.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi and welcome. I personally went for the Helix (and kept the dual mass flywheel) which I'm pretty happy with. I went for the braided clutch line at the same time. But it's still quite a heavy clutch. I'm currently running 370bhp/345lbs.

However, and I don't know a lot about these... but I've started to hear good things about RTS.
https://www.midlandvw.co.uk/engine-transmission/rts-clutches/

I could just be dreaming it, but I thought the RTS were available with a single mass flywheel as well. I "believe" this makes the clutch pedal less hard work but can add additional noise and vibration. Not sure if RTS have found a way round that though.

Reactions: Kdawg7

Kdawg7

Feb 1, 2019
Hi and welcome. I personally went for the Helix (and kept the dual mass flywheel) which I'm pretty happy with. I went for the braided clutch line at the same time. But it's still quite a heavy clutch. I'm currently running 370bhp/345lbs.

However, and I don't know a lot about these... but I've started to hear good things about RTS.
https://www.midlandvw.co.uk/engine-transmission/rts-clutches/

I could just be dreaming it, but I thought the RTS were available with a single mass flywheel as well. I "believe" this makes the clutch pedal less hard work but can add additional noise and vibration. Not sure if RTS have found a way round that though.

Kdawg7

Feb 1, 2019
Cheers buddy! Do you have a link for the helix clutch you bought? Also did you just leave you OEM dual mass or buy an uprated one. I think I’ll be sticking with a dual mass as I’m not to keen on the noise and vibrations from a single mass, they sound awful IMO!

Kdawg7

Feb 1, 2019
As long as the stock DMF is fine with yours being 370 I don’t see any problem in just sticking with the original, I’ll check it before fitting the clutch because I can just order an OEM DMF from my local parts supplier. Do you rate this clutch you’ve got fitted? How long have you been running it

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I had it fitted June last year and have done about 10k miles since. I've not had any issues with it, it definately holds the power. My only small gripe with it, most sources said the clutch pedal would become lighter once the new clutch is bedded in. Whereas it's more a case of I've got used to a much stiffer clutch pedal. But I guess that's physics for you... to get more clamping force into the same diameter clutch plate / dmf, the extra force has to come from somewhere.

Kdawg7

Feb 1, 2019
Do you only end up with a stiffer clutch pedal from The 6 paddle drive plate or does it become harder to press even with the organic one? I’ve heard they’re more of an on-off clutch sort of thing (6 paddle), instead of a smooth release like a standard clutch, not sure how true this is.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've got the organic. Don't get me wrong, it's smooth release. But it's better than the leg press at the gym. On the bright side, it's quite reassuring because you feel like you have the uprated clamping force. As well as one toned leg.

Kdawg7

Feb 1, 2019
Haha I get what ya mean! I might just get the organic one as I don’t think I’ll be pushing much more than what you’re currently at. Thanks a lot for the info mate appreciate it!

Madscientist

Sep 4, 2015
I had the Sachs perfomance organic and a new LUK flywheel fitted to mine. Clutch pedal is noticably heavier, but 2 and half years on it is easily holding stage 1 torque. As mentioned the Pedal is heavey but engages smoothly without grabbing.

Kdawg7

Feb 1, 2019
Cheers for the reply mate, don’t suppose you have a link for where you got your clutch from.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise