What sounds better?

• With

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Without

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Getting this done next week, direct from Zaustworx for MY19 290. To all those that have had this done already, has it become noticeably louder, as alot of the videos sound the same before and after?
Your right about videos online, however, after removing the Res from my 300 it is much much louder, infact I thought it was to much at first, soon started to love it, drone is a but shitty though!

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Getting this done next week, direct from Zaustworx for MY19 290. To all those that have had this done already, has it become noticeably louder, as alot of the videos sound the same before and after?
Let me know how you get on after the fitting, i have the part lying in the house just now waiting on the fitter to get back from his hols. I cant wait and it was also good to hear from @GordonMcC that it enhances the sound rather than making it too loud and droning.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Much louder when accelerating, no drone at motorway speeds til 80+mph, lovely exhaust pops in Cupra mode at around 2k rpm (manual) for me it’s how it should sound from factory (I can understand why they didn’t do it though), it totally sets the car off and I'm extremely happy with the noise.

Reactions: JsyCuPrA
May 26, 2019
Got this done today at Zaustworx, intial impressions are very good. Sounds more throatier and I can now hear those dsg bangs. I used to have the seats down to hear the pops, but I can now hear them with the seats up :)

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Got this done today at Zaustworx, intial impressions are very good. Sounds more throatier and I can now hear those dsg bangs. I used to have the seats down to hear the pops, but I can now hear them with the seats up :)[/QUOTE
Were you in cupra mode

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
Got this done today at Zaustworx, intial impressions are very good. Sounds more throatier and I can now hear those dsg bangs. I used to have the seats down to hear the pops, but I can now hear them with the seats up :)
I’m a sucker for down shift and over run pops. What are the like now? I only get these when the exhaust is hot hot

May 26, 2019
I’m a sucker for down shift and over run pops. What are the like now? I only get these when the exhaust is hot hot

I think they are more audible now but as the mileage has increased they have become more pronounced.

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Got the Zaustworx pipe fitted last Friday. Definitely much deeper sound, i do a lot of my daily drive using comfort mode and it has made that mode deeper/throatier in a good way. I haven't had a lot of time to try out the other modes yet but in my daily drive i often put the stick into S for a quicker get away then back in D when on the move. I haven't noticed any pops but the gear changes in S are a lot louder than before. cant say that i can hear any drone on the motorway but you can definitely hear more noise especially if the speed drops and car is still in high gear so under more load gives more sound. The job took about an hour to do so cost me £54 so not bad and part bought through ebay direct from Zaustworx for £64 so overall not a bad price.
I will update more when trying out the different modes, also would like to try recording a drive past.

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Much louder when accelerating, no drone at motorway speeds til 80+mph, lovely exhaust pops in Cupra mode at around 2k rpm (manual) for me it’s how it should sound from factory (I can understand why they didn’t do it though), it totally sets the car off and I'm extremely happy with the noise.
Hi see you are in Oxfordshire, were did you get your delate done? Looking to get mine done, but no luck so far.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.