TRC splitter install

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
Hey guys

Has anyone installed the TRC splitter themselves? Any tips?

I'm hopefully gonna install mine at the weekend. It sounds fairly straight forward, but no harm in a little advice :cool:

Cheers

Deleted member 103408

Not fitted TRC One but from the other makes that we have seen fitted.

1/ Get somebody to help you hold it up in place and double check stuff before you drill.

2/ Much easier to fit if you can raise the front of the car

Reactions: MiTz

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
Not fitted TRC One but from the other makes that we have seen fitted.

1/ Get somebody to help you hold it up in place and double check stuff before you drill.

2/ Much easier to fit if you can raise the front of the car

I have jacks and axle stands, so all good there... I wondered if it used any existing bolt holes, that would make alignment very easy.

Deleted member 103408

Hopefully somebody how has fitted one can confirm, I know that is the case with the Rieger splitter.

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
When I did mine I ran a thin strip of double sided tape around the splitter, measured out the center point of the bumper and splitter, then me and a friend positioned it in place! Tape holds it in place nicely to allow time for screws etc!

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
When I did mine I ran a thin strip of double sided tape around the splitter, measured out the center point of the bumper and splitter, then me and a friend positioned it in place! Tape holds it in place nicely to allow time for screws etc!

Nice one, i was thinking of using the tape to make sure no vibrations as well.

So all the holes are new then, no existing holes in the bumper used? also are all the positions of the holes easy to access for the screws?

Cheers

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Take the bumper off and fit it will make it a lot easier for you
This! It's dead easy to remove the bumper, then gives you full access to bolt on properly.
Just make sure it's aligned properly, easiest way is to align the 'fins' that stick out a bit so they follow the same line as the lower grille opening.

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
This! It's dead easy to remove the bumper, then gives you full access to bolt on properly.
Just make sure it's aligned properly, easiest way is to align the 'fins' that stick out a bit so they follow the same line as the lower grille opening.

Hopefully will tackle it at the weekend.

Cheers lads

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I installed my Rieger with the self-tapper screws that came with it - planned to use bolts but you really cannot reach the inside of the bumper without removing it from the car.
It has been on for a while and it is still solidly stuck in place.
After I fit it I did some pull ups under the car hanging from it and it did not move an inch, so I am sure it is there to stay.

Reactions: MiTz and Maypack

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Take the bumper off and fit it will make it a lot easier for you
Bumper off isn’t the easiest of jobs to be honest and the bumper is so flimsy when off it would be a PITA.

Easier to do on the car. Even if you didn’t have axle stands etc then drive the car up onto some blocks of wood then as others have said location with some strong double sided tape.

you can get the arch liners out and some of the under tray to get your hands in for the other side of the bolts.

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
Finally got it fitted, it took me and a friend just over an hour. I didn't take off the bumper, but did use a small bit of double sided like was suggested. This helped a lot with the alignment, before drilling.

To get at the bolts, I removed the main under tray and the small under tray/guard , also 2 screws out of the wheel liner to get at the edges. It wasn't that difficult, just fiddly with those washers and nuts. I lightly clamped the nut into some vice grips, to guide it over the bolt threads. This made it so much easier in the narrow spaces.

Cheers everyone for the help.

Last edited:

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
Screenshot_20190908-162436-960x540.png
Screenshot_20190908-162443-960x540.png
Car needs a wash, but here's some pics.

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Looks great!

I did mine over the weekend as well and used self tapping screws in the end. Seemed to hold strong and was alot easier and quicker. Anyone else used these and held well?

James_FRwagon

Oct 18, 2018
Did mine myself, get some good gaffa tape and get it into place. Drill holes in the bumper through the holes in the slipper and rivet it on. Only took me an hour.

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
I got them to fit mine. But I’m fairly close to them. Amazing service though and took them 30-40 mins
bd21d296b64419ee1414e4d375b41aa3.jpg
f59a8a9a594e1b74f661b8eecd452a43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Looks great!

I did mine over the weekend as well and used self tapping screws in the end. Seemed to hold strong and was alot easier and quicker. Anyone else used these and held well?

My Reiger Splitter is fitted with self tapping screws, 22 in total and it’s rock solid. Been on for approx 8 months and shows no sign of moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.