Please help identify where this screw is from

mrstsb

Oct 9, 2011
I have just removed the engine undertray on my 2011 Leon 1.6TDI to do an oil change. There was a loose screw in the bottom. Can anyone help identify where it could possibly be from?

The car has been in for the Cam Belt and water pump replacement about two months ago which may or may not be relevant to the screw. The top reads ESKA 8.8

leonscrew1.jpg
leonscrew2.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I don't recognise it and I lose a lot of screws. If it makes you feel any better. Mine visits the garage a lot for upgrades. And I pointed out my collection of screws and they said if a mechanic drops a screw, he just puts a new one in and leaves it. So may be related to the cam belt change, they dropped it and just put a new one in and left it.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I've lost screws, some get replaced, some don't....I have a pile of bolts and screws from my car....nothings fallen off yet.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've lost screws, some get replaced, some don't....I have a pile of bolts and screws from my car....nothings fallen off yet.

I've been keeping all my old parts as I upgrade them too... ARBs, wheels, springs, dampers. I'm hoping along with all the bolts that fall off one day I'll have enough parts to build another Leon.

Reactions: MXP2090

mrstsb

Oct 9, 2011
Thanks for your replies. After googling the letters on the screw, it doesn't look like it is anything specific and are fairly common. I'll presume the mechanic replaced the dropped screw with another and not worry to much.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Doesn't look big enough to hold anything vitally important together, looks more the type that might hold abit of trim, cover or maybe a small bracket.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
There’s a mechanic sitting quietly laughing at you, he has a box of spare bolts that he picks one at random from and leave under the bonnet to drive you daft.:cheeky:

Reactions: MXP2090
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members