Chipping/Mapping a MK3 Cupra 290 DSG

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
So, bog standard from new, what can be done to eek out few more BHP? Nothing stratospheric in cost/BHP increase or requiring any other mods to cope with the extra power. I guess this will affect warranty as well?

Apologies, this must have been asked dozens of times before...

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
What year? If its the new 290 with the ppf they are struggling with the mapping currently due to the ppf restricting it, if its the original 290 a stage 1 remap will get you about 360bhp, warrenty will obviously be void

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
What year? If its the new 290 with the ppf they are struggling with the mapping currently due to the ppf restricting it, if its the original 290 a stage 1 remap will get you about 360bhp, warrenty will obviously be void

Thanks for your reply - new one.

PPF?

Just reading up elsewhere here on resonator deletes. Thoroughly confused!

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Either flash map it, most tuners can do them now, should be 360-370hp, or if you want to keep warranty safe, throw a jb4 on there and again you'll be making 360-370hp just with a little less torque lower down than the flash!

And just to clear it up, you have a traditional catalytic converter, then the new GPF, a resonator and a backbix, removing the resonator does nothing for power just an increase in noise!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
This slightly contradicts the reply from Motty above....
ABT is a tuning box, a sophisticated one, but still a tuning box. So won't make as much power as a custom remap, but will be in theory 'safer' than a map, or the sensor plug in tuning boxes as ABT plugs directly into the ECU, not just a few sensors and OBD port.. Hence the ST R getting warranty with it. I don;t think the likes of Racingline and Revo have released their 'generic' maps but word is they're also getting around 350.

Of course custom tunes will get more headline figures, but as I've said elsewhere, Revo and Racingline's maps are calibrations to work safely with the hardware, not go for all out power. Also a map on a dyno and a few runs down the road, is not the same a map that has been tested in cold weather, hot weather, cold starts, hot starts etc etc. This is what Revo, Racingline and ABT do with their maps/calibrations.

Reactions: Loadmaster748