Window Rattle

May 10, 2019
Hello!

First posting here but would like to know if anyone else is having this.

I have had my Ibiza FR for over a year now and has been great but noticed some rattles. Some are expected and easily ignored but one that had increased is a rattle on the driver window.

Started a few month back when the Beats Sound System used to give it a shake but after turning the bass down low, basic road travel seems to rattle it still. Over the month it seems to have gotten worse to the point where when half opened I can see the glass shaking slightly on near smooth roads. I can tell the speaker is not blown out and causing the noise. Even listening to the radio on a quiet volume with flat bass levels is enough to rattle the door and window.

Has anyone else noticed rattles in the doors after running their Ibiza’s in?

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
Similiar post already here. Yep, the same, the dashbord squeekz, and rattle too. Also the window, if i open o window a little bit, the rattle is insane loud :( ...

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Same here. End of the month I'm going to an audio store to get some soundproofing installed, I'll report if that has helped with window rattle too (and what specifically they did around the window, if anything).

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Got soundproofing installed. No rattles anymore, anywhere. I'd guess it was some loose wire or something, that's now kept tight by the soundproofing.
Though it did not eliminate all the road noise, it's lower intensity now, and I can listen to music on normal loudness levels.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Got soundproofing installed. No rattles anymore, anywhere. I'd guess it was some loose wire or something, that's now kept tight by the soundproofing.
Though it did not eliminate all the road noise, it's lower intensity now, and I can listen to music on normal loudness levels.

Did they just soundproof the doors and boot area or they did everything? including under the floor, under the rear seats etc?

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Everything: doors, boot, floor, roof, bonnet; some heavy rubbery material as the base + noise insulation foam sheets. It took about a week. The only place they've refused to touch was the firewall, supposedly too complex to access and/or disassemble. Indeed, even to me it looks impossible to do, at least from the engine side, too many tubes and wires and heat shields and whatever. But perhaps it's doable from the cabin side? If anyone has any instructions how to disassemble the dashboard, I will be very grateful. I mean, not disassemble completely, just enough that one can put some insulation inside.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.