Stolen Cupra Recovered

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Just had a phone call from the police this morning to say my Cupra stolen at the end of April has been recovered in West Yorkshire. Don't know any more details other than it wasn't a million miles from where the eBay listing was that one of you guys put a link on my original post

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Oh wow. Is it trashed?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
I've no idea, I live in Barnsley and I seem to recall the eBay listing was in Halifax. The copper who is dealing with it isn't going to look at it while tomorrow so I may get some more info then

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Ah right hope its not too bad unless u arent wanting it back... Im in huddersfield so not that far either. I got a cupra instead or a golf r thinking they arent as desirable

Reactions: Keri Stacey

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just had a phone call from the police this morning to say my Cupra stolen at the end of April has been recovered in West Yorkshire. Don't know any more details other than it wasn't a million miles from where the eBay listing was that one of you guys put a link on my original post

Haven't the insurance already paid out? Is that going to complicate things?

Reactions: bgb and Keri Stacey

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Ah right hope its not too bad unless u arent wanting it back... Im in huddersfield so not that far either. I got a cupra instead or a golf r thinking they arent as desirable

I didn't think anybody would be remotely interested in stealing a Seat, how wrong was I cause it seems to be there are on par with the Golf R

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Haven't the insurance already paid out? Is that going to complicate things?
The insurance paid the lease company off about 3 weeks ago cause it went on forever and I've ordered a new one coming in November. The insurance company now own the vehicle so if it's in good nick they should be able to make some money from it

Reactions: Legojon and Sharpy

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've started looking at CoPart for insurance write offs... might see it come up!

Don't blame you. I still can't believe they tried to write SL2 off just because it's rear bumper got pulled off. They said "in case of structural damage from the impact". Errr, there wasn't an impact, two plastic clips broke and gravity did what it's done for all time.

Reactions: Damo H

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Don't blame you. I still can't believe they tried to write SL2 off just because it's rear bumper got pulled off. They said "in case of structural damage from the impact". Errr, there wasn't an impact, two plastic clips broke and gravity did what it's done for all time.

Yep and some of them are ridiculously cheap, looking at an 2012 FR (just for parts) thats currently at £85....

Reactions: Legojon

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Normally only part registrations but should be enough to go on...
I may know more after the police have been to look at it tomorrow as I don't even know if it's still road worthy. If they've not driven it and it's still only got around 1200 miles on it and it does go to auction then it should be a good price

Reactions: Sharpy

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Being every so slightly completely cynical, I'd expect that it could end up on a SEAT main dealer forecourt, having been bought at auction, and running its reg thro any/all the usual companies that check for history, will prove it has had no suspect/dodgy history recorded, even if it has had suffered extensive damage, most of these cars are taken for or sold on for "doing a job" it seems.

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Being every so slightly completely cynical, I'd expect that it could end up on a SEAT main dealer forecourt, having been bought at auction, and running its reg thro any/all the usual companies that check for history, will prove it has had no suspect/dodgy history recorded, even if it has had suffered extensive damage, most of these cars are taken for or sold on for "doing a job" it seems.
I had thought the same to be fair especially if the mileage is still low

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members