Coolant Temp Sensor - Missing or is this norm

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hey guys

Have a 1.4 2009 seat ibiza SC SE. Upon. Doing weekly checks I THINK I noticed that a connector / sensor maybe missing if the back of my coolant expansion tank. I had a look with a mirror and there are two metal pins inside but thig is there is no loose connector lingering anywhere, it's an odd on (see pic)

Thanks in advance
6cf6cfa9cc20079bc0603a53b94ec9ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That is not a problem, that connector is for the coolant low level warning system - SEAT did not bother to fit that to Ibizas, at least not your version/model of Ibiza, which seems silly to me, almost as bad as not providing a temperature gauge!

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
That is not a problem, that connector is for the coolant low level warning system - SEAT did not bother to fit that to Ibizas, at least not your version/model of Ibiza, which seems silly to me, almost as bad as not providing a temperature gauge!
SEAT cutting corners again it seems lol. Thanks for letting me.know anyway

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Other SEAT cost cutting, the manual locking points on the MK3 Leon Cupra that my daughter bought a few weeks ago did not have rubber plugs covering them, so I ordered in 3 plugs and made up an adhesive cover for the "same hole with no functional use" on the driver's door, I also bought a VW Group wheel positioning dowel and a VW Group screw driver that doubles up as a wheel bolt spinner - its handle is hollow with a 17mm hex end. Also the -ve post of the battery was not covered, okay it is at vehicle earth potential, but that post also has the battery management module on it and should never be used as a jumping point for leads, so I ordered in the correct cover which has a "do not connect jump leads to this point notice/diagram" on it - why could SEAT not just fit these parts, total cost roughly £10!

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Other SEAT cost cutting, the manual locking points on the MK3 Leon Cupra that my daughter bought a few weeks ago did not have rubber plugs covering them, so I ordered in 3 plugs and made up an adhesive cover for the "same hole with no functional use" on the driver's door, I also bought a VW Group wheel positioning dowel and a VW Group screw driver that doubles up as a wheel bolt spinner - its handle is hollow with a 17mm hex end. Also the -ve post of the battery was not covered, okay it is at vehicle earth potential, but that post also has the battery management module on it and should never be used as a jumping point for leads, so I ordered in the correct cover which has a "do not connect jump leads to this point notice/diagram" on it - why could SEAT not just fit these parts, total cost roughly £10!
. Well your daughter must appreciate to know your stuff and can make the car upto the code it should be

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hum, I'm not too sure about that, for her, all these things are invisible - I think, I think that most of the satisfaction is mine for getting/making it correct.
Lol my moms the same. Was really happy once i kearnt abit abo7t cars. Had issues of a well known car chain putting in wrong eng8ne oil and charging very high. But even tho7gj I give her simple checks to do, the go undone lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.