what did you and your mk3 leon do today

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
I rather like those wheels, what make/model are they please?

They are called Viper Berlin, and IF i found the right information, Viper wheels are made by Rial. Quality is great and the laquer thickness really decent, so overall a very good and cheap option for the winter time. Price for the set was only 310.- euros VAT included.

Reactions: Walone

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I've got a Google home... At home... And that drives me mad but has it's uses.
Alexa went in the bin as it randomly went off all the time, oh and I detest Amazon.

The thing is, there is no one I know called Google, I know few Alexa. I remember once at a house party, my tablet's Alexa function was active, do you know how many times, it interrupted my conversation with the real human Alexa?

I even asked Alexa (Amazon one) to 'go away,' and the Amazon Alexa replied 'that's not very nice'

Reactions: MXP2090

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
They are called Viper Berlin, and IF i found the right information, Viper wheels are made by Rial. Quality is great and the laquer thickness really decent, so overall a very good and cheap option for the winter time. Price for the set was only 310.- euros VAT included.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Last weekend took the Cupra to Brands Hatch.
Only not to go on track, but to sleep in between racing my other pride and joy.....

Probably the closest it's ever going to get to going on one.
5bb740b7c1c62691a82c54b0fa92e776.jpg
f8a373d32a6f9f41185b29766d7a98a3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
Pre MOT (Fri) wash, not washed for about a month and the moss was back with a vengeance..... Under roof rails has its own little ecosystem going on
217e6b77107d7d25f6a1f7d5961e326c.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
So finally after months of waiting and a couple of bell problems (wrong offset) we got our brembo 8 pots with 365 x 34mm floating 2piece discs installed, a big thank you goes out to Chris at APT in Norfolk.
39a0113bc81748e39cd7cdd06347d3de.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
You can get a cream for that. You had chance to test the brakes out yet? I guess they're still being bedded in.

Cream didn’t work so I had to use a cheese graterLol,will be driving very sensible for a little while.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
So finally after months of waiting and a couple of bell problems (wrong offset) we got our brembo 8 pots with 365 x 34mm floating 2piece discs installed, a big thank you goes out to Chris at APT in Norfolk.
39a0113bc81748e39cd7cdd06347d3de.jpg

Ok so the new bbk looks the mutts nuts but I’ve encountered another wee problem.With the factory 19” alloys we had to use 20mm spacers to clear the caliper, and for me that’s too much so it looks like a new set of rims are on the cards. Does any body know how I can get the right ET for the rims, could I even down size to 18”. I know I may still have to use spacers but not 20mm.

Deleted member 103408

@Deano j1971 I am no expert @Damo H has a fair bit of experience on this stuff.

Personally I have ET45 and no spacers but from memory the key bit is also about how the spokes sit.

My BBK setup is 380 x 32mm

Hopefully you can see in the picture mine roll out from the center to give extra clearance of the BBK
red.jpg

from the outside

Wheel 1.jpg

and with the BBK Showing

brake_3.jpg

As I have two sets of wheels more than happy to meet in the middle so you can try a set of my wheels on your car first if that helps.
Update
On my setup19" was the smallest possible size.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Ordered Michelin PS4S from Kwik fit (not my 1st choice) but at £136 a tyre for the Cupra I cant argue with those prices. I've only managed 7500 from the Continental 5Ps which im pretty shocked at. hopefully the Michelins can push past 10k

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ok so the new bbk looks the mutts nuts but I’ve encountered another wee problem.With the factory 19” alloys we had to use 20mm spacers to clear the caliper, and for me that’s too much so it looks like a new set of rims are on the cards. Does any body know how I can get the right ET for the rims, could I even down size to 18”. I know I may still have to use spacers but not 20mm.

Sorry if any of this is sucking eggs territory, but its all about spoke design as @theoldboy says.

Ideally you want an overall offset of no more than ET40.

Standard wheels are ET50, so with 20mm spacers thats ET30.

But offset is not going to help you with knowing if they will fit. My wheels are ET50 and still clear my brembos enough to be TUV approved. But some wheels at ET45 won't clear my breaks at all, ignoring even extra space to keep some european people happy.

Not sure if your larger calipers mean you have to have 19". The only other Cupra I've seen running those calipers is running OZ Superturismo in 19" (On facebook the one with the massive rear wing).

Last edited:

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Sorry if any of this is sucking eggs territory, but its all about spoke design as @theoldboy says.

Ideally you want an overall offset of no more than ET40.

Standard wheels are ET50, so with 20mm spacers thats ET30.

But offset is not going to help you with knowing if they will fit. My wheels are ET50 and still clear my brembos enough to be TUV approved. But some wheels at ET45 won't clear at all, ignoring even extra space to keep some european people happy.

Not sure if your larger calipers mean you have to have 19". The only other Cupra I've seen running those calipers is running OZ Superturismo in 19" (On facebook the one with the massive rear wing).

@Damo H....cheers for the info I seem to understand what sort of ET and type of alloy I need to look for,nothing with a concave spoke design. Bloody typical...the money that I saved on the calipers now goes on new wheels. I might take @theoldboy offer and pay him a visit and try his wheels first. The 8 pots are quite a large caliper, I wish there was a try before you buy option.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Damo H....cheers for the info I seem to understand what sort of ET and type of alloy I need to look for,nothing with a concave spoke design. Bloody typical...the money that I saved on the calipers now goes on new wheels. I might take @theoldboy offer and pay him a visit and try his wheels first. The 8 pots are quite a large caliper, I wish there was a try before you buy option.

Maybe worth looking at what aftermarket wheels people with the RS3 have.

Reactions: Deano j1971
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.