This is why meets get a bad name!!!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well, that would explain all the "No car cruising" signs we have around the Midlands. Thing is, the organiser said they were gathering to look at cars. But clearly they weren't parked up at a pub looking. They were ragging em up and down the dual carriageway with spectators lining the roads!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Always one who ruins it for the rest, lucky people weren't killed. Like above its clear they don't just gather and look... Even when we travel in groups to events its nice and calm.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I guess that's the bonus of keeping the location in private chat. Article reckons it was on FB/Snapchat. But TBH, if I was at a meet and people were clearly dragging it, I'd just go before the :cop: rocked up anyway. Hassle I don't need.

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
A mate of mine lives near this and says this meet is notorious for silly behavior so this was inevitable. The crowd always egg on the drivers to boot it.

Hope those injured recover, this will likely be the last for a fair while in that area

Reactions: Legojon

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
I guess that's the bonus of keeping the location in private chat. Article reckons it was on FB/Snapchat. But TBH, if I was at a meet and people were clearly dragging it, I'd just go before the :cop: rocked up anyway. Hassle I don't need.
Exactly you can tell when things are getting out of control and reckless but it's still these people that give car clubs and forums a bad name.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

Too right. Agree with you fully there. Time and a place for everything and personally I prefer our “social” meets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Too right. Agree with you fully there. Time and a place for everything and personally I prefer our “social” meets.

TBH, I don't regard people at those types of meets as "car enthusiasts". In my mind, there must have been a couple of thousand modified cars at Trax. Some serious $$$ and bhp. And yet noone was out burning up and down the local national speed limit roads. To me, that's an enthusiast, someone who respect's their car and the others round them.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
A mate of mine lives near this and says this meet is notorious for silly behavior so this was inevitable. The crowd always egg on the drivers to boot it.

Hope those injured recover, this will likely be the last for a fair while in that area
Guy whose been in charge of the Herts Cruise meets for the last 10 years - "But we've decided we're not going to run these any more. After 17 years, it's over." (Sky News)

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I agree that these things aren't a proper meet. One make meets and larger organised meets that use a proper show ground are not like these 'turn up in a car park' things.

Much has been made of boy racers in the press, but not everyone that goes to these things are young lads, there are plenty of middle aged drivers at these things, who should know better.

Bosher

Just to show my age now I used to go to the original Chelsea Cruises :D
Most cars barely went above 20mph, and the deep grumbling burble from dozens of big V8's made the earth tremble.
The events were marshalled well with plenty of trafic cops who took an interest in the cars and trucks.
Though I have to admit the journey up and back wasn't at 20mph :whistle:

Krafty_Bizkit

Mar 15, 2019
South London
Just to show my age now I used to go to the original Chelsea Cruises :D
Most cars barely went above 20mph, and the deep grumbling burble from dozens of big V8's made the earth tremble.
The events were marshalled well with plenty of trafic cops who took an interest in the cars and trucks.
Though I have to admit the journey up and back wasn't at 20mph :whistle:
I used to go to the Chelsea cruise as a teen (14/15 yo) was always a great cruise

Reactions: Bosher
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.