Heated Windscreen ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 98136
  • Start date

Deleted member 98136

Hi there,
Having recently changed from a 2018 Leon 1.4 Tsi FR to a 2017 Ateca Xcellence 1.4 Tsi Eco which has leather heated seats.
Because heated seats are fitted, does that mean that it also has a heated windscreen ? It has headlight washers, but can't see if its fitted with heated washer jets (supposedly as per Winter pack option)

There is nothing in the vehicle that indicates that screen heating is active whilst the heated seats are on.

Tha boot area has a sticker wich lists all the vehicles fitted options, does anyone know the code for Winter Pack, as I believe that would cover my query.
Thank you

Deleted member 98136

It will not have a heated windscreen.

The winter pack was just heated seats, washer jets and headlight washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your prompt reply.

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
It will not have a heated windscreen.

The winter pack was just heated seats, washer jets and headlight washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The winter pack in my one includes heated screen

Deleted member 98136

How do you know that the heated screen is activated, is there some light or symbol in your dash which indicates its active ?

I note in the Ateca brochure dated 02/2017 that this was listed as a £130 optional extra if you added this to your new build, I wonder what sort of price now if you wanted one fitted afterwards ?

I had one years ago on a new ford, that was when i worked shifts, very handy in the winter, to say the least.

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
How do you know that the heated screen is activated, is there some light or symbol in your dash which indicates its active ?

I note in the Ateca brochure dated 02/2017 that this was listed as a £130 optional extra if you added this to your new build, I wonder what sort of price now if you wanted one fitted afterwards ?

I had one years ago on a new ford, that was when i worked shifts, very handy in the winter, to say the least.

Hi,
As you said, the Ford one is great, I have just came from a 2017 Mondeo ST Line which I added it to,
As for the Ateca,
I haven't used it yet but it is in settings in headunit,I think in the climate control area!

Tell

Staff member

On the post my19 and above you have a display on the info screen you can swipe too, before you hit the setup button on the ac (you can still get at it that way if you have the latest infotainment firmware), the screen has a coil on it. At launch there were lots of questions about it. Basically you dont touch anything to enable it, its automatic put the windscreen fan on full blow, back windows as well. After a while it clears it and cuts out.

I extracted the settings out of it with Obdeleven to resolve how it worked.

• Front running time of heated screen 240 seconds, shut down at 35'c.
  • Rear heated windscreen running time 600 seconds, shut down 35'c.

Basically, it's front windscreen blowers on plus heated rear, have automatic windscreen set to on, it defaults to that then it runs for 4 minutes / stops at 35'c which ever occurs first. Rear 10 minutes / stops at 35'c. You don't need to touch the front windscreen menu option, everything on the left blower button.

I spent several months in 2016 fiddling with it since the published manual never covered the working of it, was hearsay from the dealer. Reality is cold day, bash the blower on and it takes care of itself. No indicator light. You do see the wires in the screen if fitted but you get use to it. On an icey day you just get left with the sides to defrost if you have heated windscreen and side mirrors. :).

Obdeleven screen shot attached for info, some in English and German. Decode with Google translation image.... useful with the Obdeleven;).

Ps at launch you could add all the toppings in the Xcellance. Had them all less the tow bar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190923-125035.png
    Screenshot_20190923-125035.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise