what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Damo H....cheers for the info I seem to understand what sort of ET and type of alloy I need to look for,nothing with a concave spoke design. Bloody typical...the money that I saved on the calipers now goes on new wheels. I might take @theoldboy offer and pay him a visit and try his wheels first. The 8 pots are quite a large caliper, I wish there was a try before you buy option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This info may help

"...stock wheels that come with the Dynamic package are 8.5x19ET46 F, 8x19ET42 R, 5x112, 57.1 center bore. The front calipers appear to clear the spokes by no more than .5". Concave wheels will be a tough fit over these brakes for sure."

Stolen from:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/au...ck-wheels-spacer-testing-photo-heavy-2930246/

Front wheels on the RS3 wider than the rear. Doesn't sit right with my OCD that, probably because the previous RS3 under steered like a cross channel ferry due to the lump in the front (compared with the Golf R anyway).

It seems even the Racingline R360 wheels need 10mm spacers to clear so would be ET35...

But Revo wheels do fit.

This may also help...

https://www.audirs3oc.com/topic/7966-aftermarket-wheels-that-do-not-need-spacers/

Reactions: Deano j1971

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Have to say the Revo ones do look good and there blurb does say it will fit my BBK and they are lighter wheels as well.
Have to say the Revo wheels look a bit to standard for me. I know there is an R with them in bronze, but the bronze doesn't match the Seat Bronze. but then @Deano j1971 isn't a Copra, hmmmmmmm Bronze on white would look good...

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Edit on the Racingline R360 wheels.

"Raclingline R360 wheels for me too, but had them powder coated (as they don't come in black).
19" 8.5J ET44 plus 5mm spacers front and rear."

So offset ET39, which not lowered and on a 8.5 wheel wouldn't be an issue.

ET40 before was on an 8" wide rim on a 235/35 tyre to not rub if lowered.

With an 8.5" rim with a 235/35 tyre, you get more tyre stretch so ET 38 would likely be fine if you lowered it in the future.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Deano j1971 about time you did a readers ride thread. I was going to move the conversation there but you don't have one!!

@Damo H... I was thinking about doing one but if you could see how long it takes for me to post a thread is a joke, I’m not very computer/keyboard savvy. Still don’t know why when I post stuff it says at the bottom Quote Moderate. I might get round to it one day,more important things to sort out first like new bloody wheels.

Reactions: Peller and Damo H

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
@Damo H... I was thinking about doing one but if you could see how long it takes for me to post a thread is a joke, I’m not very computer/keyboard savvy. Still don’t know why when I post stuff it says at the bottom Quote Moderate. I might get round to it one day,more important things to sort out first like new bloody wheels.

You're doing a fine job on here Deano!

Defo need a feature with pics on your car as you've done a great job with it. You should just make one long thread with pics.

It'll definitely be interesting to other forum guys looking for good mods to do to the Cupra.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
@theoldboy...not had time to install the strut brace yet as I’ve been doing other things to the car to get her ready for the National meet,on my to do list for this week tho.
@k290b be prepared to wait a while for the strut brace to be delivered, it’s not a quick turn around.

Where did you guys order your strut brace from? looking to get one myself..

Deleted member 103408

Wicked, thanks for the quick reply. You got it fitted in the end I take it? was it worth it?

Yes all fitted now, I am well happy with the end result but I have also had a lot of other changes made at the same time.

Reactions: MrJohn91

Spuddy01

Aug 30, 2018
Not so much Today but took a 10hr return drive to the most northerly point on the Island ( Malin Head) and just had time for a photo of my car :thumbup:
Malin Head 19 1.jpg
malin02.jpg

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
After finding a nail in my bargain bin rear tyres the last owner left on I can proudly say I now have Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s on all 4 corners!

Bit concerned with the cracking on the old tyres. What causes this? It would've been on the inside as I wasn't able to see it before.
ea945cdbee12c95ad5d871b4c3081786.jpg
807c2835c392b3f83e503ea91dd122ec.jpg
8fc4b96c6bbb758ac0198fac392cf991.jpg
3d9f59c8817456153b0bd471dbe394f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
After finding a nail in my bargain bin rear tyres the last owner left on I can proudly say I now have Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s on all 4 corners!

Bit concerned with the cracking on the old tyres. What causes this? It would've been on the inside as I wasn't able to see it before.
3d9f59c8817456153b0bd471dbe394f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
That does not look good at all.

Not sure if this will help:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members