Love and hate...

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Love -
Power, handling, Digi dash, understated looks but you get looks from people who know, adaptive dampers, practicality, rarity over Golf R/S3 etc

Hate -
as mentioned above the auto dip and heating for mirrors are in different positions.
Air Con is pretty poor all be it better than my pre facelift mk3.
No bonnet gas struts its a cheapy stick
sometimes the nav freezes
standard Cupra Seats are the same as previous FR seat. MK2 seats we far superior looking
DSG is either lazy in comfort or to jumpy in sport/cupra modes
no sideskirts

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
It’s the wing mirror adjustment switch, turn it to 2 o’clock.
Is this marked on the switch as I seem to just have L O R on mine. In the 8'oclock 6'oclock and 4'oclock positions respectively.

Sep 20, 2019
Having to move the mirror switch to heated mirror position and not being able to have auto dip mirror at the same time.... Why??
Having to hold the lock key to fold mirrors in... Why??? (yes I know it can be coded out)
Front window switch is too far forward.. I keep opening the rear window instead.
Bonnet release handle keps falling off....
Air con is a bit weak
Bloody Eco driving tips telling me to shut the window to avoid drag....
It's not a bad looking car, but it certainly doesnt stand out..
LED headlights look crap IMO

There is plenty to like about it though, its pokey & economical, versatile (I have an FR ST), well kitted out & cheap.. Its also built better then my previous Mercedes
Fully with you on the window switches, does my head in.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Is this marked on the switch as I seem to just have L O R on mine. In the 8'oclock 6'oclock and 4'oclock positions respectively.
Yes it is. Pretty sure its standard spec across the range, but definitely for a Cupra (going off of your Avatar).

upload_2019-9-26_9-56-7.png

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Hate that (now winter coming) there's no warning shows when electric mirror heating switched on. I keep leaving it on.

Isn't it the same as your rear defrost? Stays on for say 10 mins etc, or detects frost or low external temp, (below 4degC?)

Reactions: Blaptastic

Deleted member 103408

I would agree on mine (not that they get used very much) they turn off.

Manual (2014) says

Depending on the equipment fitted on
the vehicle, the mirrors may be heated
according to the outside temperature.

Reactions: bgb

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
Only had the car (Cupra Lux) since 9th Sept but loving it overall ... and very impressed after coming from 3 Golf R's in a row ! For the current lease prices it's great value IMHO with all the standard kit (+ metallic paint), and the main reason I didn't opt for another Golf R which would have been well over £100 more a month on a similar personal lease.

My mirrors do fold on one press of the key or a keyless swipe to lock. No mods done (I just ticked the option in the car settings menu on the infotainment screen).

My only minor niggles so far are :-

- Boomy engine noise when accelerating at around 3200-3800rpm (I don't think it's the Soundaktor).
- No gas strut on the bonnet to hold it open.
- No memory on the electric driver's seat (Mrs G drives it as well !)

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Your joking right? That is lovely
Oh don't get me wrong, it's a lovely car, but grey is bit John Major...
upload_2019-9-26_12-7-54.jpeg

The white or blue Carbon Editions in Europe looked better (Wasn't a special edition in Europe, just a trim/spec like the R ST is now over there)...

Before the mods...
upload_2019-9-26_12-13-21.png

Seat-Leon-ST-Cupra-300-Carbon-Edition-Fahrbericht-011.jpg
seat-leon-st-cupra-300-carbon-edition-2.jpg

Reactions: Blaptastic

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Love: Desire Red colour. The fact it puts a smile on my face each and every time I drive it. The look on other drivers faces when you use the power it has as they didn’t expect it to move as it does.

Hate: Continental Tyres as standard. Slightly dumbed down look of the CUPRA (the amount of times I’ve been asked is it an FR ).

Big love: This forum and it’s members. Met some great people on here who all made me feel welcome from the first post and especially at the first meet.

Anyone feeling a little apprehensive about attending a meet, don’t be. No matter what Seat you drive and at whatever age you will be very welcome. We all aspire to a CUPRA but we all got to start somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Maybe I'm blind but I haven't seen the symbol at 2'oclock. I'll take a look this evening. Hope it's there otherwise they've missed it on my car.
Just checked, even the SE gets heated folding mirrors.:clap: (Edit: since the MY2018/Copra came out, not checked back to launch date before any SE owners say their 2015 model didn't...)

Deleted member 103408

Love: Desire Red colour. The fact it puts a smile on my face each and every time I drive it. The look on other drivers faces when you use the power it has as they didn’t expect it to move as it does.

Hate: Continental Tyres as standard. Slightly dumbed down look of the CUPRA (the amount of times I’ve been asked is it an FR ).

Big love: This forum and it’s members. Met some great people on here who all made me feel welcome from the first post and especially at the first meet.

Anyone feeling a little apprehensive about attending a meet, don’t be. No matter what Seat you drive and at whatever age you will be very welcome. We all aspire to a CUPRA but we all got to start somewhere.

Well said that man and +1 on all of the above.

Reactions: paddy6789

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Talking of meets there are a couple in November...

3rd November - South East - Letchworth
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/letchworth-forum-meet-03-11-19.456436/

17th November - NorthWest - Manchester Rolling Road
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ent-rolling-road-sunday-17th-november.456486/

And you can find more here:
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/local-meets.302/

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK

Especially the look of BMW/Merc/Audi driviers with their respective cars...when they see the gap widening rapidly between the Cupra and theirs despite their foot being flat to the floor. Unless they they are proper M / AMG / S cars, and wondering, why can't they close the gap as they normally would..

Reactions: Maypack