MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
Finally spoken to someone at Seat UK who didn't try to bullsh*t me and I appreciate his honesty thats the sort of service they should be giving instead of setting false expectations. So may car is status 10 with a build week of 5. I'm not particularly happy with this so think im going to start looking for an alternative car.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I've just accepted a lease offer on the X2 20i M Sport X and cancelled the Leon. :/
Shame to hear that as the Cupra is a cracking and insanely capable car.
Strange choice to go from a hot hatch to a compact SUV.

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
Shame to hear that as the Cupra is a cracking and insanely capable car.
Strange choice to go from a hot hatch to a compact SUV.
I know. No other hot hatch does it for me, especially sub £400. So rather than have the niggle that the Cupra would have better down X road or on X journey, I've just gone the other way on purpose.

I toyed with the idea of getting a Cupra a few years old, but that would have cost the same as the lease and I would have had to pay to service it and fix it so it would have ended up much dearer. For those that can wait 6-7 months I remain jealous, you're getting a cracking car.

Reactions: Rowan83 and Kirky

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So I still have no BW and shown BW 4 atm

They said as always this may change and call back first week of Oct when it should have a BW

I complained to the dealer and provider and got info when they called they are trying to push through orders this year but will need to wait and see

I have said I’ll be cancelling if my BW is next year as 6-8months is not 12weeks and is unacceptable

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Jeez, the latest lead times are just ridiculous!! I am so glad I cancelled mine.

I collected my Cupra lux last week, not to rub salt in the wound but it really is an awesome car... much better than the Golf R IMO and possibly even the M135i I had a few years back...

Reactions: Kirky and Loxy

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I know. No other hot hatch does it for me, especially sub £400. So rather than have the niggle that the Cupra would have better down X road or on X journey, I've just gone the other way on purpose.

I toyed with the idea of getting a Cupra a few years old, but that would have cost the same as the lease and I would have had to pay to service it and fix it so it would have ended up much dearer. For those that can wait 6-7 months I remain jealous, you're getting a cracking car.
It's a long wait. Seems to have got a lot longer since June. Hope you enjoy your new car, I'm sure you will.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Clearly the blinding Cupra lease deals that have been coming up this year have increased demand to the point that Seat can't build them quick enough and lead times have now increased to silly levels.
Shame some are now having to cancel but completely understandable with the contradictory feedback from Seat around build dates, etc.

Luckily we've been able to wait for ours and it will be nearly 6 months to the day of our LO order, as I've now had a call to arrange a driven delivery for Monday 7th Oct. Just need to organise return of the old car now, hopefully for same day.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Damn, backlog with BCA means earliest they can collect our Arona is 14/10. Can't believe I've had to delay delivery of the Cupra myself for 2 extra weeks now. It's gonna be a long 2 1/2 weeks.

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
My Leon Cupra Lux was ordered through Leasing Options on 8th August and according to Seat was accepted by the factory after summer close down on 25th August. They have given me a "code 10" estimated build of week 5 - which is w/c 28th January and suggested phoning back in 2 weeks for an update. He said it most probably will be sooner but could also be later. Nothing like the 12 weeks delivery quoted by LO of end of October! Not a major issue if it does arrive to that timescale as my existing lease is due to go back end February but had hoped to avoid a service cost.
Finally got this acceptance from Seat today. Same story as you got (maybe) and I ordered on 12th August accepted by factory on the 28th.

:(
49e0a4515aee7a8f53fb308b89ffc1bb.jpg

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
What happens to your (lease broker) deposit etc. when you cancel your lease order ? Do they willingly accept you are not prepared to wait and pay it back to you ?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I ordered my Cupra 290 DSG in Nevada White a couple of days ago. Delivery is in 13 days (yes I'm counting :bleh:). I'm rather excited to be getting back a in a quick car. :drive1:
Maybe you could share where you got your stock vehicle from and price for the guys who are waiting on their factory orders.

Nevada Cupra 290

Sep 26, 2019
Maybe you could share where you got your stock vehicle from and price for the guys who are waiting on their factory orders.

Of course 9+23 £227 on 8000pa

UK Carline (they only have Nevada White available, they had 3 available 2/3 days ago, before I ordered so I'm guessing a max of 2 left)

There have been slightly cheaper deals, but that was the best I could find with stock as I'm without a car right now.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Of course 9+23 £227 on 8000pa

UK Carline (they only have Nevada White available, they had 3 available 2/3 days ago, before I ordered so I'm guessing a max of 2 left)

There have been slightly cheaper deals, but that was the best I could find with stock as I'm without a car right now.
This might help someone who's got an expected delivery of 2020 who's looking for something else.

Reactions: Nevada Cupra 290
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.