Auto lights. Dashboard

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
When my front lights are set to Auto how can I tell if they are on headlights or daytime lights.

E.g driving on motorway in rain how do I know auto has turned headlights on ?

I have digital dashboard.

Thanks

Last edited:

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Only way I see difference in mine is with NAV screen brightness set to auto, on DRL at dusk NAV is bright...once headlights come on NAV goes to night mode (dark).

Sep 20, 2019
Look at the lights knob, if it's lit up as if you'd manually turned it on... One past auto... They're on.
The main/side lights sign on it will be green.

Reactions: kanyewest

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I must look at the switch colour tomorrow. I thought 'one past Auto' was sidelights, 'two past Auto' was headlights?

Reactions: Blaptastic
Sep 20, 2019
I must look at the switch colour tomorrow. I thought 'one past Auto' was sidelights, 'two past Auto' was headlights?
I thought that but tonight whilst partaking in a hoon I got bored and tried moving the switch to 2 past auto and the main beam dipped to side lights!
Quite confusing so it'll stay in auto but trust me the knob lights up green, or the lights emblem does, when they come on.

Sep 20, 2019
I usually check the for the red LEDS next to the map/reading lights. They only come on when the headlights are on.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Aaah yes that's another good one to see if they're on, forgot about that little nugget.

Reactions: Peller

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
If you have auto-lights, they will switch on when the wipers are on too. There's a function in the settings for this but it's turned on by default.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Thanks as I rarely use Auto...agree with all the comments - forgot about the red LED's in the roof panel, bit of a giveaway as its difficult to see the heater panel illuminated but can see the light switch illuminated as its in a darker area and the ambient lighting also comes on. Dash shows main beam illumination so why not dipped as well like most other manufacturers do.

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
Thanks as I rarely use Auto...agree with all the comments - forgot about the red LED's in the roof panel, bit of a giveaway as its difficult to see the heater panel illuminated but can see the light switch illuminated as its in a darker area and the ambient lighting also comes on. Dash shows main beam illumination so why not dipped as well like most other manufacturers do.
How come you don't use auto?

Reactions: Blaptastic
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.