Coilovers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Now there's an open ended question. Really depends on what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend. I think Bilstein B14s are popular for handling, but not so much for comfort. I'm on the Eibach Pro-Street-S and really like them for balance of comfort vs handling. I almost went for the KW V1 (which go up to V3 for complete customisation).

Trouble is, you buy coilovers that are adjustable and tend to only ever adjust them once. So if on a budget, maybe some Bilstein B8s with some prokit springs for comfort or sportline springs for handling.

Mike watts

Sep 21, 2019
A lot will depend on your budget.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Hi mate,yeah budget wise not really got one as I don't want cheap n cheerful lol,I would want a decent set,I had ap coilovers on my last car,but that was only a mini r56 so they wasn't that bad,but the leon is a lot bigger,just wanted to no wot would b the best to put on,thanks mike

Mike watts

Sep 21, 2019
Now there's an open ended question. Really depends on what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend. I think Bilstein B14s are popular for handling, but not so much for comfort. I'm on the Eibach Pro-Street-S and really like them for balance of comfort vs handling. I almost went for the KW V1 (which go up to V3 for complete customisation).

Trouble is, you buy coilovers that are adjustable and tend to only ever adjust them once. So if on a budget, maybe some Bilstein B8s with some prokit springs for comfort or sportline springs for handling.
Ok bud thanks,it's been lowered on springs but still a bit bouncy lol

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
The AP kit is a popular option for the Leon and if you were happy with them on the Mini it's a safe option.

Were you wanting just height adjustable?

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: Legojon

Mike watts

Sep 21, 2019
Top mounts and bearings are always worth while changing whilst the suspension is off.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Ok mate thanks for that,I did hear that some people who run ap coilovers have juat replaced there top mounts with original ones and not upgraded ones,do u no if that's right mate,

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.