Needle sweep doesn't always work

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Hi all
I've had the needle sweep for my instrument cluster activated via Carista for a while now but I've noticed it doesn't always do it, sometimes I'll jump in and switch the ignition on and it'll sweep, other times it doesn't budge. Any known remedies for this? It spoils the novelty a bit haha

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Hi all
I've had the needle sweep for my instrument cluster activated via Carista for a while now but I've noticed it doesn't always do it, sometimes I'll jump in and switch the ignition on and it'll sweep, other times it doesn't budge. Any known remedies for this? It spoils the novelty a bit haha
Mine same and i tried to turn off with vagcom still work sometimes.

Deleted member 103408

Needle sweep is a standard VAG Car problem, it works mostly but is fussy or shows signs of Character (deva) about when it works :)

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Which models does this work on?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

As far as I know it does not work on the Digital Dash full stop.

Re analogue dials I thought it worked on all models (but may be wrong) but it is a little temperamental if you turn ignition on and off quickly I find.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
It did work on my Ibiza FR Facelift...but the first time I got into my car and turned it on, it definately always works. However at other times it's hit and miss. I think if I put it into park (DSG), took key out, put it in again, it won't work.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I think it depends on the amount of time between turning the ignition all the way round, if you do it too fast the sweep won’t work.. I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

I turned off and still work:crash:
what coding did you use to de activate.

Update

Have you done this.

Control Module 17 (25327)
Long Coding
Byte 1
Dis-Able Bit 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Norbert

Deleted member 103408

According to the Spanish OBD11 Site yes this works on Pre and Facelift cars.

The other thing that often helps is doing a full factory reset on the MMI Unit to enable the changes made.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Ok thanks i will try tomorrow. I want the car back to factory setup as possible.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
needle sweep has to be coded basically twice one in long coding and other bit in adaptation both has to be enabled. As the instrument cluster get once per time reset interval from main unit.

Deleted member 103408

Interesting, I had it from Factory but all the coding I have seen shows long coding only.

I know there are adaption chanels for Staging but not sure if they are related.
Could you confirm what adaptations you think need doing as all the OBD11 and VCDS Coding I have seen is for long coding only.

Not saying you are wrong just trying to add to knowledge base.

Cheers

Equalizer

Dec 12, 2013
Poland
Sorry for refreshing so old topic, but I would like to add something from me. I have got a 2018 Leon FR and I also wanted to have a needle sweep. I've enabled it via obd11 and I've encountered the same problem with this function (sweep sometimes works and sometimes not). I've noticed that it is related somehow to gauges backlight (or the way how it turnes on). If the backlight goes up to 100% of its power right after I turn ignition on, needle sweep doesn't work, but if the backlight lights itself after short delay, the sweep works. I wonder why...

ile

May 25, 2020
It work always, trick is : turn the key little bit slowly from state 0 to the contact ... then needle sweep start and after checks start the engine :) tested and work 100%

Reactions: b1ggus
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members