MK3 Cupra 300 Stearing lock & Security features

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Hi all,

Have just purchased a Cupra 300 and I will be picking it up this week. The model I Have bought has keyless start and entry. The guy in the dealership has told me that this car doesn't need a stearing lock because it cant be stolen with one of them send and receive boxes that thief's use to steal focus ST, ECT. He said that the car can not be stolen this way as the key only has a 1 way receiver. Is this totally true as I am very security conscious and dont want to take any risks?

Also is it worth getting GPS tracker for the car and if so where would you place it so that it can not easily be found. would it also be worth getting 2 trackers on the car so if one is found it's highly unlikely they will look for another one?

Is there anymore security features worth putting on the car?

Thanks guys.

Ryan.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I'm not entirely sure that's true - I'm sure I've heard of a few Cupra's being stolen with key cloning, but I could be wrong... @Damo H - do you know?

I'd explore the Autowatch Ghost - I've got it on mine and it certainly adds peace of mind. Our forum sponsor (Progressive Parts) have an offer on it at the moment actually - For each purchase and install, you'll get a £40 voucher to spend with them :)

I have a tracker but will be upgrading it to a paid subscription one, again for peace of mind and for the reduced insurance cost!

You could also look at a key pouch that stops key cloning.

Reactions: RYANBRZ

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
I'm not entirely sure that's true - I'm sure I've heard of a few Cupra's being stolen with key cloning, but I could be wrong... @Damo H - do you know?

I'd explore the Autowatch Ghost - I've got it on mine and it certainly adds peace of mind. Our forum sponsor (Progressive Parts) have an offer on it at the moment actually - For each purchase and install, you'll get a £40 voucher to spend with them :)

I have a tracker but will be upgrading it to a paid subscription one, again for peace of mind and for the reduced insurance cost!

You could also look at a key pouch that stops key cloning.
How do you find the ghost? It's tedious at best on my Focus ST (that the cupra is replacing)

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
I was also wondering if to only put a stearing lock on at night time or if to put the lock on every time I park the car, even in the day. For example whilst shopping at tesco.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise