Slightly worrying!

Sep 20, 2019
So I've had my Leon for about 7 weeks now and had started to notice a slight rattle coming from the front somewhere.
After much is it that or is it this I popped it into my local tyre place to get it in the air.
Turns out 2 wheel nuts on the passenger side were only finger tight!
So much for checking brand new cars out before collection!

garybuttle

Oct 27, 2011
So you have not rechecked your wheelbnuts for 7 weeks and that is the dealers fault?

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Sep 20, 2019
So you have not rechecked your wheelbnuts for 7 weeks and that is the dealers fault?

Meaning?
The car is new so I'd expect not to have to check them for a long while.
Tbh I've never heard of anyone checking them on a regular basis.

Sep 20, 2019
Going by your logic, are you saying every single nut and bolt should be tested regularly? I must admit I've rarely checked the wheel nuts unless I've changed a wheel myself.
I'm having a dragons den moment...
I'm going to put multi size wheel braces at every air compressor in every garage.
Check you pressures and do your nuts, oooh matron, at the same time.
I'll be a millionaire by this next time year Rodders.

garybuttle

Oct 27, 2011
So when you have new Tyres fitted and are told to recheck your wheelbnuts after a few days you just don't bother.

Sep 20, 2019
So when you have new Tyres fitted and are told to recheck your wheelbnuts after a few days you just don't bother.

That's not collecting a new car from a dealership is it though?
Those wheels have been on the car for a while by that stage so you'd expect them to be tight and I mean tight.
Tbh whenever I've had tyres fitted by reputable tyre places they've never told me to check the nuts again.
I stand by what I wrote in the original post as the dealership should have checked them, to become finger tight means they weren't anywhere near tight enough to start with.

Reactions: Esseepee and Kibby
Sep 20, 2019
Before we turn into facebook warriors lets just agree to differ.

Dealership did not do a good job - So tell them they missed something serious please make sure it don't happen again.
Trust me they've been informed.
Totally apologetic and blamed it on new staff, not the sort of thing that should ever happen, blah blah blah.
Anyway it's been rectified and all's good.
I though, as it's a forum, it's something others may have had happen to them.
Love and peace.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Happened to my old man when he ordered a CLK a few years ago, on the way home from picking it up his wheel fell off going round a corner. Turns out someone tried stealing the wheels from the garage the night before

Reactions: Blaptastic
Sep 20, 2019
Happened to my old man when he ordered a CLK a few years ago, on the way home from picking it up his wheel fell off going round a corner. Turns out someone tried stealing the wheels from the garage the night before
That would really p!ss me off!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.