Full Link USB change

webb204

May 19, 2015
Hi everyone , so today I swapped out my old 150 fr for a 16 plate 184, the car needed the Full Link activated , the dealer agreed to do it for £75 , when I arrived to pick it up this morning , the guy informed me that it now needs the USB socket upgrading ,and the part won't arrive until next Tuesday !!

The dealer is a 120 mile round trip from me , and has offered to either fit the part ,or send me it to fit myself , so the question is , is it just a ten minute job like they are telling me ,or is it more involved ie centre console out to get the USB out ?

Jan 3, 2024
Hi everyone , so today I swapped out my old 150 fr for a 16 plate 184, the car needed the Full Link activated , the dealer agreed to do it for £75 , when I arrived to pick it up this morning , the guy informed me that it now needs the USB socket upgrading ,and the part won't arrive until next Tuesday !!

The dealer is a 120 mile round trip from me , and has offered to either fit the part ,or send me it to fit myself , so the question is , is it just a ten minute job like they are telling me ,or is it more involved ie centre console out to get the USB out ?
where did you get it done?

Newt182

Jan 2, 2024
I activated Full Link yesterday on my 2016 Leon. I'm only going to use AA, is there any point in swapping out the USB port? It seems to work fine how it is