Headlights seem low

Jovin

Feb 18, 2007
Andover
Hi All
Not driven the car much in dark since I got it but on a trip back from Devon the other night I felt like the range of the headlights on dip seemed very short. Travelling at much over about 65 and I felt like I couldnt see far enough ahead and where the road markings wernt so good felt like I was weaving slightly between road edge and centre line. Car is 2018 150 FR ST with full LED lights. There doesnt appear to be any way to adjust the headlights, I think theyre self levelling according to load ie they lower if there is a lot of weight in the back.
I guess this system could be stuck on lowest setting perhaps.

any other suggestions or similar experience?

Sep 20, 2019
If they're self leveling you'll notice them move up and down when you first turn them on.
I checked mine the other day, just switch auto off and turn them on and off.

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
I found my LED headlights to be pointing too low when I got the car and adjusted them using the guide above. Made a massive difference, just be aware of not going too far and dazzling other road users. I have never been flashed since adjusting mine. I did them last winter, and I'm sure now the nights are getting darker, they seem to be a bit low again?!

Rockbox

Apr 6, 2018
Mine were so low that I was driving around on main beam and not getting flashed at.
Wound the screw anticlockwise 3/4 turn each side was better.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
It is possible that the headlight level 'may fall down' over time due to humps, bumpy road, cobbled streets etc. If you are not sure how high is too high etc, you can always drive into an MOT station as ask to use their headlight beam thing...they may charge you a £5, or some might let you use for free, as it takes less than a min, to turn the screws and raise it to the correct level.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.