what did you and your mk3 leon do today

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I am shocked although when I had my ep3, I did a how to guide as people didn't know about it having a fuel cap holder too. All my cars have them. I hate seeing when people leave them swaying against the paint work. In the old days, they would put the cap and keys on the roof!!!! :no:

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I had this thought last night that I hadn’t mot’d the car yet (bought it in February) had a look online and it ran out a week ago.

Took it to a Kwik-Fit for an mot this morning and passed with flying colours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
Added a few more for you.

Update the Mods have been doing a good job on the MK3 Section and moving all the various how to documents into a single folder here https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/mk3-leon-guides-5f-2012-2020.317/
Just tagging on to the Map Updates section, did i see you post somewhere (can't find it again) that you can now buy an SD card that will allow you to update the maps yourself online for about £80? if that's the case is that applicable for my MIB1?

Deleted member 103408

Just tagging on to the Map Updates section, did i see you post somewhere (can't find it again) that you can now buy an SD card that will allow you to update the maps yourself online for about £80? if that's the case is that applicable for my MIB1?

To be fair I do not keep up to date on the map stuff as my maps work just fine for me and if they dont then i use the phone.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/ is where I always go to for info and if i have read it correctly MIB1 is new map sd and pay the stealers to enable it on your car.

There are some Android headunits that will support the car menus and allow you to run Waze and or Google Maps but for me they are no good as they dont support Traffic Sign Recognition and Seat Sound but I keep hunting.

@Tell did say way back in the day some people managed to update the MIB1 but there were no clear instructions that others could follow so afraid after all the chat the answer is not that i am aware - but i dont pay much attention to it.

Tell

Staff member
To be fair I do not keep up to date on the map stuff as my maps work just fine for me and if they dont then i use the phone.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/ is where I always go to for info and if i have read it correctly MIB1 is new map sd and pay the stealers to enable it on your car.

There are some Android headunits that will support the car menus and allow you to run Waze and or Google Maps but for me they are no good as they dont support Traffic Sign Recognition and Seat Sound but I keep hunting.

@Tell did say way back in the day some people managed to update the MIB1 but there were no clear instructions that others could follow so afraid after all the chat the answer is not that i am aware - but i dont pay much attention to it.

We know what we need to do with mib2 sd the overall.nds trick attributed to Exciter, mib2 plus (high) unit get it turned into a retrofit then the world is your oyster. Mib1 SD this is where some people were buying cards back in 2016 and getting it to work, others followed this avenue but couldn't. That's back in 2016 on the thread:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-92

I wondered whether the success was associated with the unit having Mapcare on it, nobody knew but a few people were out of pocket going to ebay sellers, since the card still needed to be activated.

Now somebody of recent had messed up their mib1 card and got somebody to email their files which fixed it, this also happened in the past with someone. Mib2 SD if you delete all contents and loose the overall.nds file you just need to download the version that was on the card from a Vag website for those with Mapcare. The SD card has a CID on it locked to the unit, and the overall.nds file of the original card is also locked to it. Hence the Exciter method works protecting the card from copying but not protecting it from updates. Whilst the Exciter method of updating the maps in mib1 isn't available, re-writing the version that was lost does work the same.

I'm not sure whether the CID is a series CID common to the release or unique to the card. Pretty sure it's unique to the card. You have to swap cards between cars on the same map year to test although any card swapping runs a risk. They are designed if you have Mapcare to be able to do it that way between releases. That's where people on mib2 get into a pickle with the workaround thinking they can buy a spare more up-to-date card and the unit locks to the new card and the old one stops working defeating what they were trying to do (but still do the mib2 workaround with the new card, £80 down ;)). You can buy a "gold" card for that, about £40 but you need a Mac or Linux and some software. Bog standard PCs dont write CIDs and standard SD card don't have re-writeabls CIDs. Exciter on the thread also created a clone SD card for the hell of it but I reckon if the SD card got corrupted take the financial hit unless you got Linux experience then perhaps create a proper backup. The SD card wont get corrupted through normal use or updates so taking a backup with CID isn't really required.

From all of this I don't think any mib1 buy a card off eBay and DIY generally works. Instances maybe where they bought the same release or in the early days the unit had Mapcare. On the thread we don't really know any mib1 workarounds that worked for everyone. Situation with Mib2 is much clearer how it all works.

Reactions: MrJohn91

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
If I didn't have seat sound, I would rip out my mib1 and drop it in the bin. That sat nav is bollocks and makes **** up with phrases like 'take a half left'. I nearly got mega lost taking the wrong road home from Newcastle!
I have an mib1 with no seat sound or camera or anything. Just parking sensors, not sure if that will stop working?

What would you replace it with? I'd love Android auto

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
If I didn't have seat sound, I would rip out my mib1 and drop it in the bin. That sat nav is bollocks and makes **** up with phrases like 'take a half left'. I nearly got mega lost taking the wrong road home from Newcastle!

They did change the cartography providers along the mib2 standard life. Its now TomTom cartography, mib2 high is Here Maps. They both take you on slightly different routes in the country. Whilst people praise Google it direct me down unpaved roads. Here Maps one does that as well. The TomTom one is better but takes you across a live tank firing range !. The MOD have A4 sheets of paper stuck up saying go further up the road. There are jokers that contribute to the maps which is basically where the issues come from and the roads being classified as paved when they aren't (The jokers, tank concrete tracks in the range :) - twerps) and unrealistic speeds associated with the roads so it gets the routing wrong, like 60 mph on a single track bendy road.

The Seat Sound system is good, pity they don't sell it in the UK now. The Tarraco in Germany has the equivalent on the VW dynaudio thingy with power amplifier connected via an optical link to the mib2. Seat UK Brexit causality as exchange rates have reduced the offer.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
...and I always forgot to use the levers from the boot to fold the back seats, is it common?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hahahaha you are kidding right ;) Please tell me you are kidding...

Twice last week I stared down at the petrol cap swinging against my paintwork as I filled up. If you tell me now after owning it for coming up to 3 years there's a holder for it... :cry:. Just lie to me.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Twice last week I stared down at the petrol cap swinging against my paintwork as I filled up. If you tell me now after owning it for coming up to 3 years there's a holder for it... :cry:. Just lie to me.
It's not as good as the Mk 3 version as there isn't a 'holder' for it.

But going off of memory, as I can't find a photo, on the inside of the filler cap, there is a little clip that you slide onto the flap.

Reactions: Legojon

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Apologies for the multiple posts @Legojon turns out I was wrong. It doesn't have a clip as I remember :ban:

It has this instead :bleh: (from the manual)

upload_2019-10-1_10-14-30.png

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Apologies for the multiple posts @Legojon turns out I was wrong. It doesn't have a clip as I remember :ban:

It has this instead :bleh: (from the manual)

There should be a forum guide for it!! Even better, the rubber thingy is broke on SL2 so I've been going old school and putting it on top of the petrol pump and trying to remember not to drive off without it!

Reactions: Damo H

Deleted member 103408

Removed a stone that had got lodged in between the rear brake disk and guard, made a heck of a noise but all removed now.

Put two Winter wheels on - rain stopped play.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise