Ibiza Emergency Brake Light Flashing

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
Hi Guys,

I have a Ibiza FR 2.0 TDI. I was looking through VCDS and saw the option for making the brake lights and hazards lights flash under emergency braking. The option was already checked so i thought i'd try and see if i can get it to work.

I slammed on the brakes, hard enough for ABS to kick in, but i couldn't see anything flashing in my reflections in the windows behind me.

My question is has anyone seen this working and know if there is anything special that needs to be done for it to work?

Thanks in advanced
Oliver

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi Guys,

I have a Ibiza FR 2.0 TDI. I was looking through VCDS and saw the option for making the brake lights and hazards lights flash under emergency braking. The option was already checked so i thought i'd try and see if i can get it to work.

I slammed on the brakes, hard enough for ABS to kick in, but i couldn't see anything flashing in my reflections in the windows behind me.

My question is has anyone seen this working and know if there is anything special that needs to be done for it to work?

Thanks in advanced
Oliver

some of the options in VCDS are the opposite to what you expect - try un-checking the box.

Fourbears

Jul 15, 2013
You'll have to keep your foot on the brake pedal to make it work. It takes more pressure than you think - I do these types of tests at work (for various reasons) and the car has to "think" you are doing an emergency stop. It will either then activate the hazard lights or cause the brake lamps to flash. Or both but you will only know for sure if someone is watching. Oh and make sure you are somewhere safe as you will go further than you think you will. As an example I travelled 90 feet stopping from 45mph. Doesn't sound far until you do it!

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
You can also activate with Carista.

Although it didn't work in mine either. Ibiza FR Facelift 2013.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I have a MK3 Leon and so far i've only had this happen when hard braking from 40+mph to below 20. that causes the brake lights to flash, but the hazards don't come on until stationary.

only been useful once when on a single carriage way and some blonde bimbo was overtaking a tractor whilst talking to her friend and had no idea she was rapidly accelerating towards me. Slammed on the breaks and the cars behind me and front of me both were alerted due to the the hazards and brake lights flashing.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.