MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
There is no reason atm I ordered July 10th accepted at factory August 24th and I’m still fuming

I was told to expect October delivery yet still no BW for me and still expecting Jan Feb March

By then I will want to wait to get the new reg otherwise it’s almost depreciation immediately regardless of a deal and for no reason

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
SEAT will have set the prices but I think it was way more popular than expected. I wasn't even looking for a Cupra when I got mine. I was about to spend £31k on a Mégane RS Trophy and saved myself £9k when I saw the price of the Cupra. So their pricing strategy worked on me and I believe many others.
I went back to forces cars and got their quote of £22k. Took some faffing around after the other lease company messed me about.

Reactions: Kirky

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Jeez, the latest lead times are just ridiculous!! I am so glad I cancelled mine.

I collected my Cupra lux last week, not to rub salt in the wound but it really is an awesome car... much better than the Golf R IMO and possibly even the M135i I had a few years back...
My brother bought an M140i a couple weeks ago. If my cupra ever turns up I will be able to compare the two. So far I preferred driving the cupra although the BMW is rapid.

ha2ell

Aug 11, 2019
Spoke to my account manager at Leasing Options yesterday, and he rang Seat. He seemed convinced my car would be with me as originally quoted (start of November) with maybe a week or so of delay. I ordered early August with the order being confirmed at the end of August like everyone else. Apparently Seat have just introduced a new order system where they put potential build weeks months in advance, even though they will be a lot sooner.

My account manager also said he'd been told there had been no delays in actual production. I also asked about the brexit tariff, and he said BMW have already said they'll honour pre brexit prices if there is a tariff, but VW group haven't confirmed what they'll do yet, but we'd be within our rights to cancel if prices went up.

Edit: I still don't have a build week but have been advised I should have one by mid October

Reactions: LevoForest and BS1

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Spoke to my account manager at Leasing Options yesterday, and he rang Seat. He seemed convinced my car would be with me as originally quoted (start of November) with maybe a week or so of delay. I ordered early August with the order being confirmed at the end of August like everyone else. Apparently Seat have just introduced a new order system where they put potential build weeks months in advance, even though they will be a lot sooner.

My account manager also said he'd been told there had been no delays in actual production. I also asked about the brexit tariff, and he said BMW have already said they'll honour pre brexit prices if there is a tariff, but VW group haven't confirmed what they'll do yet, but we'd be within our rights to cancel if prices went up.

Edit: I still don't have a build week but have been advised I should have one by mid October
Speaking of tariffs, a friend of mine ordered a new Porsche. They were later contacted saying they would need to pay an additional £10,000 due to brexit and difficulty with supply chains and import tariffs. Needless to say he cancelled. Shame though. He'd been saving for years for that car.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Has anyone actually got a MY20 Lux yet? I've seen European versions with copper badges and bucket seats but not yet in the UK. Except for the R models obviously.

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
Not had an update for a couple of weeks on mine so I might ring them today, Had my weekend (stag do) to Vegas at the end of October cancelled because of the whole Thomas Cook situations so now the cupra is the only thing left to look forward to... needs to hurry up my 2 Litre Hyundai feels slower by the day

Reactions: Blaptastic

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Has anyone actually got a MY20 Lux yet? I've seen European versions with copper badges and bucket seats but not yet in the UK. Except for the R models obviously.

dd19b0d0a42ed321cc964cccada8c943.jpg

This is in the dealership in Doncaster. Black lux with pan roof. Buckets present. Copper badge, check!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
dd19b0d0a42ed321cc964cccada8c943.jpg

This is in the dealership in Doncaster. Black lux with pan roof. Buckets present. Copper badge, check!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So they exist! My dealer just has the Cupra R ST on show. Also the FR black edition which in the flesh doesn't look quite right with Matt black bits.

Not a fan of the cream roof lining though. Prefer the black interior. Why did they think cream roof and pillars were a good idea in a Cupra :repuke:??

Last edited:

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
So they exist! My dealer just has the Cupra R ST on show. Also the FR black edition which in the flesh doesn't look quite right with Matt black bits.

Not a fan of the cream roof lining though. Prefer the black interior. Why did they think cream roof and pillars were a good idea in a Cupra :repuke:??
Have they changed the interior headlining from black to cream for my20?

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
Seats & trim • Black interior roof

that's according to the brochure currently on the SEAT site, I won't be pleased if mine comes with a cream headlining

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.