Factory Tyres

Sep 20, 2019
My 2019 FR is running Hankook tyres, factory fitted, and I'm not that confident with them.
Has anyone else found them to be a tad lacking in cornering and the wet or is it just me being a tad too Lewis Hamilton?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I've done 14k on my Hankook factory fitted tyres and have no problem, although the tracking was incorrect at delivery and needed correcting.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
We had hankooks on my wife old mx5, they were decent. Last well and didn't cause any issues, reasonable wear rate as well.
Personally like Michelins and Continentals as they are the most consistent I've come across but these are there higher end e.g. pilot sport 4s or contisportcontact 5p.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
I think Bridgestone's only work on certain cars. They were great on an ep3 civic type r I had but then they were especially designed for it.
If they are anything similar the problem is how they wear and especially toward the last few mm's, as well as very stiff side walls. Great on the civic but I'm guessing not a lot else?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I think Bridgestone's only work on certain cars. They were great on an ep3 civic type r I had but then they were especially designed for it.
If they are anything similar the problem is how they wear and especially toward the last few mm's, as well as very stiff side walls. Great on the civic but I'm guessing not a lot else?

Horrible tyre especially in the wet

could not apply even a lowly 130bhp to a wet road without losing grip and wheel spinning out of junctions

changed to goodyear eagle f1’s and the difference is unbelievable

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Bridgestones aren’t the best tyres in my experience when they’re fitted to higher performance cars.

The rubber compound used is as hard as nails so grip is compromised, and as @BigJase88 has said, performance in the wet isn’t great either. I found them noisy too, especially as they started to wear, but because of the hard compound, they do seem to last forever so take a long time to wear out.

I’ve not tried Michelin PS4’s but I have replaced the factory Bridgestones on my last and current cars with Goodyear Eagle F1’s and Continental Sport Contact, and IMO both are better than the Bridgestones.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Mine came with Nexen's. Not what I will be replacing them with when the time comes, but not bad enough to change.

Reactions: Blaptastic

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Bridgestone Turranza Er300 Ecopias on my Seat Leon 2.0TDI use to light up so easily, and once entering a slip road in the wet, i put my foot down, and it was 'traction controlling' itself without accelerating. The Bridgestone Potenza RE050A were better on my Ibiza, but maybe coz it was a 1.0TSI and couldn't really light up the tyres.

I read somewhere that Hankook tyres are now considered 'premium' tyre as they are now used as OEM for car manufactueres out of the factory.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Yeah hankook have now moved up into the premium sector

premium is now

Pirelli
Goodyear
Bridgestone
Dunlop
Continental
Michelin
Hankook

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I try not to judge tyres by the brand, I look at reviews and if I use the tyre I see what it actually does. I've been surprised both ways. I've had premium tyres which have performed poorly and right now the Leon has Maxxis tyres that are actually very good. It's a tricky thing, best of luck! :0)

Reactions: G.P and Peller
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.