Door mirrors with reverse tilt

Sep 20, 2019
May have been asked before and I have read the manual and most of the comments on here but...
My reverse dipping mirrors, the L hand one works fine but I can't get the R hand one to do it at all.
Is this impossible or am I being thick?

Deleted member 103408

As far as I recall it only works on the Passenger mirror so you can have it working on one or the other dependant on being left or right hand drive car.

Sep 20, 2019
As far as I recall it only works on the Passenger mirror so you can have it working on one or the other dependant on being left or right hand drive car.
How ridiculous of them.
It can't be that difficult for them to make it work on both at the same time giving you the choice of which one to use.

Deleted member 103408

Well lets hope the VAG Boys read this and add it into there requirements document :)

And just to add

Gale Halderman – Original Mustang Designer when talking about the 50th Birthday Build Design.

Designing a good looking car is as easy as pie
Designing a car that the company can afford
The manufacturing guys can assemble
The Engineers can engineer

That’s dam difficult.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Useful thread. I read the manual last night, and (ignoring the left vs right issue) it seemed to talk about going into menus in the screen that it appears you don't need to (and those menus referred to weren't in my list anyway!).

Gotta say the manual has to say proved to be absolutely useless for anything I have tried to do. Really really bad, much worse that others I have had in the past. Almost like it was written for another car, a previous model, and just makes no sense.

Likewise re servicing requirements and what's required and when (brake fluid, plugs, diff, etc). Useless SEAT info on that, really bad.

Deleted member 103408

Reactions: Brackett

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Thanks for the link - I did see them on another thread, and they are useful. Not as "user-friendly" as a manual should be (as by its nature, it's a workshop manual) but useful nonetheless given how poor the manuals are.

Re it being all VAG that are as poor, maybe it is, but more of a recent thing. We have a 2002 and 2007 VAG as well, and their manuals are fine, useful, easy to understand, so maybe the standards have just slipped over the years (maybe as they realise not many people bother reading them, so they can't be bothered to invest in them, or just general cost-cutting).

Deleted member 103408

I suspect a bit of everything, so now you I am told don't get a service book, its all done on line and you can access it but have to pay a small charge to extract it from Erwin which is going to be fun when people ask to see the service record.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Can I just confirm....

If I want the left hand mirror to auto-dip on reverse, I need to have the switch on "L".
If I want the heated mirrors to, well..., heat, I need it switched to the top-right position.

But I can't have heated mirrors AND auto-dipping, without having to change the setting each time?!

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
But I can't have heated mirrors AND auto-dipping, without having to change the setting each time?!

No. Also stupid that you need to manually switch off the heated mirrors. A much more sensible arrangement is a button that activates the heated mirrors for a preset time only. That way you don't have to try and remember to turn them off, which I have forgotten to do several times.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Heated mirrors should be on with HRW in my opinion. This action on my last cars (Nissan and Honda) so never forgot to turn them off as I keep doing now.

Reactions: Seastormer

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Heated mirrors should be on with HRW in my opinion. This action on my last cars (Nissan and Honda) so never forgot to turn them off as I keep doing now.
Don't know if this will work, I have not had a chance to try it (also don't know if I have that option),
20200128_200128.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise