Speeding !!!!!!!!

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
I get your points and you're correct but the OP doesn't need beating down any more I don't think... He made a mistake all be it a silly one after the fact and he will probably pay some form punishment... It's how we learn and move on.

Saying that overtaking at 80-85 is still breaking the law and still has no excuse which i'm sure everyone has done more than once.

He's been a muppet lol, asked for opinions he's got some very helpful ones from what I can see with varying results.

Hindsight is a bi**h.

Hope everything works out better than you think @hitchygolf1971

It isnt to beat him over the head with and the excuse of 100 is easy to hit in the car is understandable, but you know fine well when your gunning it.

Fun at a party? Aye mate because not wanting to drive like a t**t = boring thats some sound logic.

He has held his hands up and thats great but when you know your job relies on the car it shouldnt have been thought of before doing over a 100mph.

My job requires me on the roads from ireland to england and as a result i cant do "spirited" drives.

My point wasnt NEVER EVER speed, but there is speeding then there is acting a d**k simple as

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
To be fair to everyone, if this was on a another large forum second word Heads, the OP would have had 100 pages of waffle about how he should be skinned alive and is a parasite to the world. :bleh:

all you can do now is take the rib jibes and formulate your plan of action IF summoned to court. Squeaky bum time yes but at least the remorselessness is showing and not asking us advice on how to trick the judge into slapping your wrist!:cop:

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Cjm

Jun 14, 2019
Interesting topic! Fingers crossed all goes well OP!

Couple of questions on the speeding topic...

How long would it take for any fines etc to come through if caught from cameras when you are on a lease deal?

Also...let’s say the above answer is like 6 weeks...what would happen if you got caught multiple times within that 6 weeks but didn’t know about them? So an example would be someone has 6 points...they get caught 3 times in 6 weeks but didn’t know. Have they already lost licence or what?

I have 0 points atm...not overly convinced that’s gonna stay the same for much longer though! This ******* car....

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Interesting topic! Fingers crossed all goes well OP!

Couple of questions on the speeding topic...

How long would it take for any fines etc to come through if caught from cameras when you are on a lease deal?

Also...let’s say the above answer is like 6 weeks...what would happen if you got caught multiple times within that 6 weeks but didn’t know about them? So an example would be someone has 6 points...they get caught 3 times in 6 weeks but didn’t know. Have they already lost licence or what?

I have 0 points atm...not overly convinced that’s gonna stay the same for much longer though! This ******* car....

Don’t quote me but I think it’s 6 months...? I’ve read the easiest way to get confirmation is to call your lease provider and ask, possibly 2 weeks after the incident.

They obviously are in no rush as it’s not then the police are after. One downside to leasing, you feel anxious for longer!

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
What would happen if you got caught multiple times within that 6 weeks but didn’t know about them? So an example would be someone has 6 points...they get caught 3 times in 6 weeks but didn’t know. Have they already lost licence or what?
Unfortunately, there is no grace period for this. I've heard of people committing four offences in a single day because they weren't aware of the cameras at the southern end of the M1 and getting banned for reaching 12 points. Like the OP, all you can do in this case is go to court and plead for leniency.

Reactions: Legojon

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I don't buy cars capable of 250 k's just to drive around at 100. (80 if the f'n Greens get their way)
I've survived 50 years of exceeding open road limits, sometimes by a lot. I rarely speed in built up areas. No major tickets, no accidents, I pick the time and place to do it.
Accidents and tickets are not inevitable.

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Hi All,
4 Months later I finally went to court today for my speeding offence 6 points and quite a substantial fine but happy to keep my licence. Just a big thank you for the advise on this thread from fellow members and a lesson certainly learnt
Cheers

Last edited:

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Good result really, it can be very hit and miss.

Here in Exeter they seem to be super hot on speeding right now. Ive passed 4 mobile vans in a month, normally its months between sightings, and usually then in the same places. These have all been in odd places, so I suspect they are revenue generating for some reason. Waze has saved me every time. This car is just too easy to speed in, the slightest throttle and youre over the limit.

Reactions: hitchygolf1971

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Hi All,
4 Months later I finally went to court today for my speeding offence 6 points and quite a substantial fine but happy to keep my licence. Just a big thank you for the advise on this thread from fellow members and a lesson certainly learnt
Cheers
Stick the lottery on because you are one lucky man :thumbup:

Bucksssss

Mar 13, 2019
Good result really, it can be very hit and miss.

Here in Exeter they seem to be super hot on speeding right now. Ive passed 4 mobile vans in a month, normally its months between sightings, and usually then in the same places. These have all been in odd places, so I suspect they are revenue generating for some reason. Waze has saved me every time. This car is just too easy to speed in, the slightest throttle and youre over the limit.

Research Project Edward.

That’ll be why you’ve seen so many in the last month or so mate. The police were cracking down in order to achieve a whole day without any road related deaths in Europe. Needless to say, unfortunately it wasn’t successful.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Research Project Edward.

That’ll be why you’ve seen so many in the last month or so mate. The police were cracking down in order to achieve a whole day without any road related deaths in Europe. Needless to say, unfortunately it wasn’t successful.
Rather ironic then that one of the cams was held by a guy standing in the central reservation of a dual carriageway.

Reactions: ray and Bucksssss

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Research Project Edward.

Perhaps if they'd focussed on driving f**kwittery, they would have been successful.
Nearly all the crap driving I see is at or under the limit.

Reactions: Bucksssss

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Trouble is that just drives down speed limits. They have to cater to the lowest common denominator, which sadly despite modern car technology (possibly because of it), is getting lower.

Cars are so easy to drive these days that not very confident people are more likely to drive, and confident drivers are driving with less concentration and care because its too easy.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I took up driving at trackdays and I have to say you have so much fun and I found i do not need to push the car to the top of the limits (which I do on the track now) on the road anymore.
Whats your budget for a track day? I've got the impression it can be quite pricey, not counting for the chance you might bin your car into a tyre wall.

Deleted member 103408

Track day in UK cost between 85-00 and 200-00 for a full day but you can get it much cheaper if you do just the evening.

My average day out is about 140-00 - 150-00

If you want insurance then it depends on who your insurance company is but i have been quoted between 85-00 a day to 200-00 but it will obviously depend on your insured value.

Yes you can bin your car if you push it beyond the car or your limits but I would guess that you are more likely to have an accident on the roads than on the Track as nobody want to smash there car up they are there to have fun.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise