what have you done to your car today ?

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
23E08043-FD62-429D-AAC6-99E1323F52A4.jpeg
C7169EE1-6CB4-40AE-87A7-F91E97091759.jpeg

So after keeping the red bits black using boot polish for years I decided it was time to get my LCR’s steering wheel professionally refurbished.
After a couple of recommendations from people I gave Royal steering wheels a call.
The refurbished wheel arrived today and it looks absolutely amazing.
Can’t fault the service either. He sent me a mk4 golf wheel to put on mine temporarily then once I’ve put mine back on send the golf one back to him. Roughly 2 week turn around time, brilliant...
D1523BC3-2211-45B5-A570-CAFA667DA715.jpeg
E65A7C3D-97AA-4275-A89D-C9808EA3DA92.jpeg
Top class job, the detail, the smell, the feel of it. Can’t wait to get it back in now.

lightup

May 27, 2019
View attachment 10318 View attachment 10319

So after keeping the red bits black using boot polish for years I decided it was time to get my LCR’s steering wheel professionally refurbished.
After a couple of recommendations from people I gave Royal steering wheels a call.
Can’t fault the service either. He sent me a mk4 golf wheel to put on mine temporarily then once I’ve put mine back on send the golf one back to him. Roughly 2 week turn around time, brilliant... View attachment 10320 View attachment 10321 Top class job, the detail, the smell, the feel of it. Can’t wait to get it back in now.

looks really good mate. what was the cost if you dont mind sharing ?

Reactions: Yellow fr

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I wish I'd known this two years ago. I could literally scoop the water out of the passenger footwells with a jug there was that much of it. That towel has never been the same, and there's always been a bit of a smell since...

Followed said advice yesterday - Aldi Nappies though then ran the dehumidifier all night ...clear as a bell this morning - now just to get rid of the something died in here smell.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Good point, some **** ones need a resistor to make them go off completely.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello

Can’t fault the service either. He sent me a mk4 golf wheel to put on mine temporarily then once I’ve put mine back on send the golf one back to him. Roughly 2 week turn around time, brilliant... View attachment 10320 View attachment 10321 Top class job, the detail, the smell, the feel of it. Can’t wait to get it back in now.

That's decent that! I've got an LCR wheel ready to go on my FR+ and its in worse condition than yours, just going to paint the red stripe at the top so it looks newer for now as its only a daily.

How much did they charge if you don't mind me asking.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Followed said advice yesterday - Aldi Nappies though then ran the dehumidifier all night ...clear as a bell this morning - now just to get rid of the something died in here smell.

Ozone generator works like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
That's decent that! I've got an LCR wheel ready to go on my FR+ and its in worse condition than yours, just going to paint the red stripe at the top so it looks newer for now as its only a daily.

How much did they charge if you don't mind me asking.
@lightup asked the same. Lol
It was £160 and £9.99 postage. I think that’s decent considering how good it looks.
I’ve painted the red stripe before now on mine but thought it was time to get it done properly.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Good point, some **** ones need a resistor to make them go off completely.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Have you retrofitted LED's by any chance ?

Lights are completely stock.

Apparently PIN number 3 on the light switch is TFL (Tages Fahr Licht) meaning daytime driving lights I’m going to disconnect that pin and see what happens! I also have seen where people take the fog lights off pin 8 and put them there and now your fogs are auto on DRLs

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds

Do you have a link?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Ozone generator works like a charm

Not that I've done much research, but I hear 'ozone' and I worry about the environmental impact. Do you know anything that might put my concerns to rest?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Not that I've done much research, but I hear 'ozone' and I worry about the environmental impact. Do you know anything that might put my concerns to rest?

The generation of Ozone is only harmful to the environment from the point of the high amounts of electric energy needed at an industrial level , Small ozone generators for cleaning rooms etc are not normally a problem however inhaling ozone can cause health problems.
You dont need to worry unless close to an industrial ozone generator that cracks its containment vessel....then get as low as you can to the ground.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
The generation of Ozone is only harmful to the environment from the point of the high amounts of electric energy needed at an industrial level , Small ozone generators for cleaning rooms etc are not normally a problem however inhaling ozone can cause health problems.
You dont need to worry unless close to an industrial ozone generator that cracks its containment vessel....then get as low as you can to the ground.
Everydays a school day :thumbup:

Reactions: iammooks

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If you’re wanting to do steering wheel refurbishment at home this kit cost me 20 quid from amazon.
Was very easy too.
b5eb426afd48df806ea7662a6e6e522b.jpg

db53d58cb3ef14909958e748492eb6de.jpg

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Tell me more! the one I have ins't as bad as yours but is quite bad.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.