what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
l

looks really nice. i would like to refurbish mine to for that money. :) have any contact information of them?

I've just spent a good while browsing their site: http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

I'm sat opposite my girlfriend at the moment and I'm supposed to be working, and she can tell I'm hatching a plan... My wheel's looked shiny and shabby since I bought the car...

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
The generation of Ozone is only harmful to the environment from the point of the high amounts of electric energy needed at an industrial level , Small ozone generators for cleaning rooms etc are not normally a problem however inhaling ozone can cause health problems.
You dont need to worry unless close to an industrial ozone generator that cracks its containment vessel....then get as low as you can to the ground.

Well, there you have it. Everyone I've heard of who's done it has said it worked wonders, so I'll have to look into it. Magic Tree just doesn't cut it anymore...

lightup

May 27, 2019
If you’re wanting to do steering wheel refurbishment at home this kit cost me 20 quid from amazon.
Was very easy too.
b5eb426afd48df806ea7662a6e6e522b.jpg

db53d58cb3ef14909958e748492eb6de.jpg

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
looks good too. but im a guy. i suck with needle and threat.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Well, there you have it. Everyone I've heard of who's done it has said it worked wonders, so I'll have to look into it. Magic Tree just doesn't cut it anymore...

Put it this way... I spilled 18 year old gearbox oil in the trunk while transporting the old transmission.

I bought the car and it had mold on the seat covers and smelled like mold. As well as a smokers car...

Now all of those smells are gone. And the car smells so great and neutral! Not like a new car and not like an abused car just totally clean smelling hard to explain.

Clean entire car first...

Best thing to do is have the air running on recirculation mode and pop in new cabin filters while you’re at it!

Run the ozone generator for 1 hour then open all the doors and walk away for 20-30 min leaving the air running too.

Then you’re good to go.

Inhaling ozone O^3 takes away the oxygen O^2 and can cause hypoxia if exposed too long. (Lack of oxygen to brain) it can also cause harm to your respiratory system, so best to just hold your breath and walk away.

I’ve done it a few times now and have had 0 issues it works wonders! Just don’t be stupid.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Tell me more! the one I have ins't as bad as yours but is quite bad.

Ill try and find the kit itself and take a photo.
You get sand paper to rough up the leather. Then a binding agent to fill and put back a bit of youth. Then I think a colour dye and then a sealing agent.
Took an hr or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
So found out a few things.

Denmark indeed has a DRL law where all cars need daytime running lights. So it was never a switch problem.

I found a pin out description decoding the light switch. I disconnected the TFL pin number 3 and it worked like a charm no more low beams on while 0 is selected on the light control switch! Thank god!

be74d602ce13d8c86f8f79b3436c0ef9.jpg

74d4206c768f0d37b546bd6cf664b0d3.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Just don’t be stupid.

I love the last bit - "just don't be stupid"!

I'll have to look into it - what little research I've done either brings up generators that are very expensive, or very cheap, or people who will come to you and do it for you, but who don't post clear pricing on their website or make it sound like it's going to cost hundreds.

At the moment it smells like someone's been living in there. Someone with really bad flatulence...

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I love the last bit - "just don't be stupid"!

I'll have to look into it - what little research I've done either brings up generators that are very expensive, or very cheap, or people who will come to you and do it for you, but who don't post clear pricing on their website or make it sound like it's going to cost hundreds.

At the moment it smells like someone's been living in there. Someone with really bad flatulence...

I’ve had both the cheap ones and the 100€ ones... the cheap are the same as the expensive ones just the expensive ones have a timer and a housing around it... but inside it’s exactly the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammooks
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.