Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
How much is it to do it? Curious to see what mine is whilst standard
giphy.gif

Reactions: PP Mark and Maypack

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
Paid and 12.00 for me please,curious what my stock 300 gives and if anyone attending can turn off
my start/stop and soundaktor i'd be eternally grateful :coolthumb

Degs

Reactions: paddy6789

PP Mark

Forum Sponsor
Apr 18, 2019
Could people please add their vehicle details as below for categorisation .
Name - The name you want used.
Model - Mk 2/3
Stage - Stock / JB4 / 1 / 2 / 3
No tuner names are required this is all for fun

Reactions: paddy6789

Jenko

Sep 9, 2019
Name: Duncan
Model: MK3 Cupra ST 4Drive
Stage: Stage 1
Hello,
I can’t come but just a heads up if anyone’s taking a new cupra r st ABT it won’t work on a dyno it will only show stock. Had mine tested and it was putting out 308 spoke to ABT and apparently this is normal?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hello,
I can’t come but just a heads up if anyone’s taking a new cupra r st ABT it won’t work on a dyno it will only show stock. Had mine tested and it was putting out 308 spoke to ABT and apparently this is normal?
Really? Someone else has a Carbon 370 and they got 370PS/365hp given as a dyno graph to confirm it had 370, but then they dyno'd it independently and only got 340hp. (Carbon edition doesn't have the PPF/GPF as is pre WLTP so got the 370 upgrade that originally Seat UK 'misquoted' for the Cupra R ST).

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/seat-leon-cupra-carbon-370-st.448305/

Now I understand the ABT will pull back the power if it feels intake temperatures aren't safe etc (Dyno fans never get the same kind of air as the car would get when actually moving).

Last edited:

Jenko

Sep 9, 2019
Really? Someone else has a Carbon 370 and they got 370PS/365hp given as a dyno graph to confirm it had 370, but then they dyno'd it independently and only got 340hp. (Carbon edition doesn't have the PPF/GPF as is pre WLTP so got the 370 upgrade that originally Seat UK 'misquoted' for the Cupra R ST).

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/seat-leon-cupra-carbon-370-st.448305/

Now I understand the ABT will pull back the power if it feels intake temperatures aren't safe etc (Dyno fans never get the same kind of air as the car would get when actually moving).
Yes that’s what they are saying will happen it will only show the quoted figures on the one it’s tested on in Germany because it’s simulates real driving.
I’ve had issues with it not working while driving tho, took it on a track day and after about half a lap ever time it went out you could feel it drop in power. That’s why I went to get it dynoed to see what was going on. Apparently it is very sensitive to heat, and although it’s fine for a quick blast down a B road anything more than a minuimte or so and it switches to stock power (still fast) but not what you pay the extra money for. If I had known all this before I would have brought a normal cupra st and just got a revo stage 1

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yes that’s what they are saying will happen it will only show the quoted figures on the one it’s tested on in Germany because it’s simulates real driving.
I’ve had issues with it not working while driving tho, took it on a track day and after about half a lap ever time it went out you could feel it drop in power. That’s why I went to get it dynoed to see what was going on. Apparently it is very sensitive to heat, and although it’s fine for a quick blast down a B road anything more than a minuimte or so and it switches to stock power (still fast) but not what you pay the extra money for. If I had known all this before I would have brought a normal cupra st and just got a revo stage 1
That's disappointing. I might expect it on a Dyno, but on the road/track? Maybe its killing the power because of the GPF/PPF temp info.

Maybe worth putting this in its own thread on the Mk 3 forum rather than clog PP's thread up, to see if other R ABT owners have experienced the same issue.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jenko

Sep 9, 2019
That's disappointing. I might expect it on a Dyno, but on the road/track? Maybe its killing the power because of the GPF/PPF temp info.

Maybe worth putting this in its own thread on the Mk 3 forum rather than clog PP's thread up, to see if other R ABT owners have experienced the same issue.