Stage 2 question

Deleted member 103408

Turbo Upgrade,
Brake Upgrade (if you have not done so already)
High Flow Exhaust System
HPFP and LPFP Upgrade

but again you should talk to the guy doing your map as the hardware has to be able to support what he maps the engine to do.

And let us not forget you should also make sure your clutch can handle the extra power.

What I would stress is that it cost you to go from stage one to two and then again from two to three for the mapping process so make sure you know where you want to end up and save some money on software upgrades.

As it happens I seem to recall you pay racingline a one off fee and the inter stage settings are free but check with your mapper.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It may be worth listing what mods you already have first - stage one is usually just a map, but people tend to have upgraded air intakes at the same time.

Air intake and downpipe are the bare minimum required for stage 2, but some maps require an intercooler too. It is recommended for an intercooler even if the map doesn’t require it.

RacingLine doesn’t require a downpipe but it’s recommended. Some Revo stage 2 maps require intercoolers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry pal, Racingline does need the downpipe, just not the intercooler...
upload_2019-10-4_23-48-33.png

Where as like @theoldboy said Revo requires the intercooler too...

upload_2019-10-4_23-50-43.png

Pretty sure all Stage 2's require the downpipe...

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Reactions: Damo H

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I more meant if someone already has stage 2 is there anything that you think someone should know, like something that's changed or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

ahh ok

Diverter valve upgrade as the stock one is weak
Talk to your tuner about how often you should change your oil (it should be more often than stock IMHO)
Have you got stock pads on the breaks if so you may want to consider upgrading

Not sure how old your car is but just double check if the Front diff needs a service, its often missed and will keep it going well for longer.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
ahh ok

Talk to your tuner about how often you should change your oil (it should be more often than stock IMHO)

Not sure how old your car is but just double check if the Front diff needs a service, its often missed and will keep it going well for longer.
Where did you get your diverter valve and what one have you got?

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
ahh ok

My car is 3 years old it's a 16 plate

Deleted member 103408

GFB DV+ T9359 is the one i have link bought off ebay

According to my service list the front diff should have oil change every 3 years.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
here is a pic of mine fitted,

index.php
Is that the breather hose connected to you turbo inlet pipe?
Mine is on something else cause I have the Racingline R600 intake, intake pipe, turbo elbow and muffler delete.

Deleted member 103408

One other thought if you are going to use the power you may want to consider a oil cooler.

I know racingline do one, personally I had a Baffled Sump fitted as that is best for the track and a side result was greater volume of oil and i have noticed a drop in oil temps since being fitted. Another question to your mapper do they think you need it.

Reactions: Charliessmith

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
One other thought if you are going to use the power you may want to consider a oil cooler.

I know racingline do one, personally I had a Baffled Sump fitted as that is best for the track and a side result was greater volume of oil and i have noticed a drop in oil temps since being fitted. Another question to your mapper do they think you need it.
I dont go on track but I might take it on a track when I get the new power but it wont be a regular thing.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Also quick question, when you accelerate from say 2nd into high revs then let go of the throttle, it keeps going for like a second then starts to slow down. Only ever done it a couple of since I had the car, since 2016.
What could that be?

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
GFB DV+ T9359 is the one i have link bought off ebay

According to my service list the front diff should have oil change every 3 years.
What is the best oil to use for the front diff? I dont have a clue what the options are lol.