Fuel filler cap dangling?

Did you know about this already?

• Boring! Of course I did. LegoJon has let the community down and should hang his head in shame!

• Wow! Blown my mind this has been annoying me for ages!

• Who cares I like to dangle it on my paintwork...

• I don't even own a Mk2 and I knew this!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Its a while since I've owned a Mark 2.

However having just educated our very own @Legojon :roflmao: I thought it maybe worth sharing this handy bit of info again:

upload_2019-10-1_10-16-15.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Must....Not...Edit...Poll...for...humour...value...

In all fairness I let mine dangle lol very gently though

You say that you don't want it hanging on the paintwork but the outside of the filler cap is the paintwork...

I personally think that it dangling may do less damage than leaning it on top of the filler flap thing as dangling pressures are less than hanging ones lol

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I personally think that it dangling may do less damage than leaning it on top of the filler flap thing as dangling pressures are less than hanging ones lol

Can we have that as a poll option and I'll change my vote? That's exactly the reason...

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Must....Not...Edit...Poll...for...humour...value...
Do it!!! It was my poll and I insist you do it ;) I thought the dangle was suppose to be an innuendo anyway haha!

In all fairness I let mine dangle lol very gently though

You say that you don't want it hanging on the paintwork but the outside of the filler cap is the paintwork...

I used it for 3 years with no ill effects. Dangling it can slide across the paintwork in the breeze or windy day. Where as it just sat nicely on the flap.

Can we have that as a poll option and I'll change my vote? That's exactly the reason...
Lies :p

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
To be fair...I didn't know the mk3 had a holder until like 3 days ago...
I didn't know until I went to an attended petrol station half way round the NC 500 when some old woman came out and hung it up in the holder. I was amazed. I didn't realise nobody knew about it or I woke have posted it up lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I didn't know until I went to an attended petrol station half way round the NC 500 when some old woman came out and hung it up in the holder. I was amazed. I didn't realise nobody knew about it or I woke have posted it up lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
But at least the Mk3 doesn’t have a picture in the manual (that I can find anyway).

Reactions: ChrisJKM

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
But at least the Mk3 doesn’t have a picture in the manual (that I can find anyway).

In my defence, I've read the MK2 manual cover to cover and I don't remember seeing anything about the fuel cap. Maybe they stopped using red ink to save money (like they did with the red paint).

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
In my defence, I've read the MK2 manual cover to cover and I don't remember seeing anything about the fuel cap. Maybe they stopped using red ink to save money (like they did with the red paint).
Your a man, we don't read manuals. Maybe thats why you didn't know!

To be completely fair, it was me moaning about it on here when I got my Mk 2 that meant other people told me...

My first ever thread on SCN in fact:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/fuel-filler-cap-holder.367265/

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Your a man, we don't read manuals. Maybe thats why you didn't know!

To be completely fair, it was me moaning about it on here when I got my Mk 2 that meant other people told me...

:roflmao:. I dread to think what my first thread was... we should start a thread "what was your first thread?". I think it was something like "what tyres should I buy?". Not realising I could have used the search. :D

Reactions: Damo H

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Erm... what now? I’ve owned this car 12 years and never have I known this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Was a dangler on my Mk2 didn't want to scuff the flap

Definitely have always popped it in the hole on the Mk3 :bleh:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.