Warning sign on cruise control (Cupra 280)

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Another stage further in my CC warning light, it now doesn't even come on....
IMG_20180527_061422-picsay.jpg

As you can see from the pic my CC is switched on but the dash doesn't change. Don't even get 3 mins of cruise control now before it stops working.

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

On my car / obd11 under live data i have the following items

Cause for prevention of activation during travel
Counter for internal faults
Counter of component protection malfunctions
Misalignment angle
Status ACC System

and a few more that might show something have you looked at any of these.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
On my car / obd11 under live data i have the following items

Cause for prevention of activation during travel
Counter for internal faults
Counter of component protection malfunctions
Misalignment angle
Status ACC System

and a few more that might show something have you looked at any of these.

No I haven't.... Thanks. I will check these out....
When you say live data, am I correct in assuming the car must be running with the fault present?

Deleted member 103408

Not an expert but I would expect live data to show the input signal / error in current state.

So if you turn car on and all ok (for a couple minutes) the counter's would show a number, after the fault starts does the counter increase by one.

Misalignment I would hope would show regardless

Status ACC System, in theory should change when the fault changes, but I have not had the issue so cant confirm what this will do.

The live data stream (from what i have read) is just looking at inputs so give it a go before during and after and see what happens.

Reactions: Wastedagen

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Not an expert but I would expect live data to show the input signal / error in current state.

So if you turn car on and all ok (for a couple minutes) the counter's would show a number, after the fault starts does the counter increase by one.

Misalignment I would hope would show regardless

Status ACC System, in theory should change when the fault changes, but I have not had the issue so cant confirm what this will do.

The live data stream (from what i have read) is just looking at inputs so give it a go before during and after and see what happens.
Thanks.....

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Just an update on my CC issue.

Just recently I had to remove/clear an error code continuously popping up to do with my footwell lighting. I had changed to led bulbs and neglected to use obd11 to code the correct bulb type into the car.

Anyways, I did the coding and cleared the error fault and since then my CC has been working with no issues..... How or if this is related I don't know. Maybe the CC system just doesn't like having any other error codes present... Conflicting some how.....

Probably just coincidence, and on my way home tonight, the issue will be back. Lol. But up to now the CC has been working for over a week. Being used daily.....

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Will do.....
Well just as I called it, I opened my mouth too soon. On way home yellow warning light came on then it completely disappeared. Got nothing but the odometer showing, whether the cc switch was on or off...
Back to the drawing board as they say.... Nice having a week's worth of cc though.. :)

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Just to add to my cause... Today I happen to notice as soon as the yellow warning light came on, the left indicator blinked and the rear wire started and wiped 3 times.. Lol..

Sent from my RVL-AL09 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Dont know the answer but a couple thoughts

1/ Are you running scans to see if you get any regular errors.

2/ There have been people with strange issues happening to the car caused for the following

a) Battery / Alternator not working as they should - Are you getting any other issues

b) Water getting into the control units - is there any relationship between weather and this happening.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Thanks for the suggestions..

1) I haven't run any scans. As I wouldn't know where or what to look for.

2)a) the battery and alternator seem fine. I do a lot of long driving so the battery is always fully charged. I will check battery out with a multimeter when I get a chance to see if I'm getting 14+v while charging...

2)b) I have found no relation to the weather... Happened during the summer and yesterday before the rain came....

Also it happens whether I'm using air con or not..

Thanks again for suggestions. But I'm not gonna loose sleep over it. Just thought mentioning it may help others fault find...

Sent from my RVL-AL09 using Tapatalk

BenH1993

Jul 12, 2019
This symbol comes on as soon as I turn CC on regardless of speed or temp.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

NotificatorZeth

Aug 10, 2018
Estonia
This symbol comes on as soon as I turn CC on regardless of speed or temp.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
You may try the following. Has helped me:
1) make sure that CC is off (move the lever to the correct position).
2) Turn ignition off
3) Ignition on.
4) Try CC again. normally fixes it for me when it happens. Has happened rarely though.

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire
Had this on my Golf GTI. Would reactivate if the ignition was switched off then on but not possible on the motorway! Had to replace the stalk eventually as the CC switch was only working intermittently and cut out when I used the indicators. Some Golf forum members have managed to get it working by dismantling the stalk and cleaning the switch contacts with electrical contact cleaner.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.