MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Anyone expecting a cupra to be delivered soon? My original date at dealers was 16th October but this has been pushed back till the 18th (no big deal) just wondering if anyone knows of any reason for further delays.

Ours is coming next Monday, 14th !
We could have had it earlier if it wasn't for a backlog with BCA collecting the old car.

It's been a long 6 months or so since ordering but to be fair to Leasing Options and Seat, the original delivery eta of 7th October was pretty close.
Can't wait now, just hoping I'll still have my licence at the end of the 2 yrs...:cop:

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Has anyone heard anything solid about import duty post brexit?

Seen that Audi were protecting prices on new orders before brexit happens but that didn't apply to the rest of VAG

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Has anyone heard anything solid about import duty post brexit?

Seen that Audi were protecting prices on new orders before brexit happens but that didn't apply to the rest of VAG

"If there are tariffs, we will not be able to absorb them or compensate the cost. We need to be realistic about the fact that cars would get more expensive for customers."

Is VW's stance, from the link.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
"If there are tariffs, we will not be able to absorb them or compensate the cost. We need to be realistic about the fact that cars would get more expensive for customers."

Is VW's stance, from the link.
I read that too, however Ialso read back in March:

"all VW, Seat and Skoda cars ordered on finance and allocated to customers before 7th February would be honoured at existing prices, regardless of tariffs or levies that result from Brexit"

That was for the origional Brexit date, I wondered if anyone had seen anything relating to 31st of October.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Ours is now confirmed as being on the Pegasis. Trouble is, SEAT CS have said it doesn’t depart until the 23rd, but then suggest it rocks in Grimsby on the 23rd.

Confused. Will get clarity today at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Ours is now confirmed as being on the Pegasis. Trouble is, SEAT CS have said it doesn’t depart until the 23rd, but then suggest it rocks in Grimsby on the 23rd.

Confused. Will get clarity today at some point.

what build week did you have? Shame it missed the comet

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Ok, it docks on approx 23rd, and will need a few days to be allocated transport from port to dealers which is only around 50 miles away. This is the Pagasis ship which I believe gets in to Martorell 14/15th Oct before being loaded and turned around.

This means an end of month delivery to us in all likelihood. Unless some plum crashes it or it gets nicked off the forecourt prior to pdi and gets rallied around Yorkshire with the factory stickers still on it. Just like Clarence Boddicker’s 6000SUX did in Robocop.

As you can tell, I’m a victim of my imagination sometimes.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
You’ll be tracking that ship constantly now. Mine was sat at port for ages, just been put on the comet yesterday.

Have been like a sad act already. I’ll be glad when the damn thing is here so I can stop being frustrated by this ****.

It hasn’t been an enjoyable process really.

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
Leasing options just emailed and said they have checked with Seat and they have advised there are no reported delays on the Cupra's and my vehicle should still be on track for 12-14 weeks which would be second half of November. Apparently Seat are no longer confirming their build slots until 3 weeks before the car build and have moved all unconfirmed dates far into the future.

Really dont get why this is so painful I have never had any issues with ordering a VW over the years. I still hold no hope to seeing it in November or December.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Leasing options just emailed and said they have checked with Seat and they have advised there are no reported delays on the Cupra's and my vehicle should still be on track for 12-14 weeks which would be second half of November. Apparently Seat are no longer confirming their build slots until 3 weeks before the car build and have moved all unconfirmed dates far into the future.

Really dont get why this is so painful I have never had any issues with ordering a VW over the years. I still hold no hope to seeing it in November or December.
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and have just decided to forget about it. It'll get here when it gets here. Luckily for me I am in no rush and I own my current car so don't need to replace it / extend the lease etc.

Reactions: Ali Bailey

gk26

Sep 29, 2019
Anyone had any experience of cancelling a Leasing Options order. Do you just lose the admin fee?
I asked them about a week after ordering and was told I’d have to pay 3% of the P11D value unless I chose another car from them.

The Banker

Aug 9, 2019
I asked them about a week after ordering and was told I’d have to pay 3% of the P11D value unless I chose another car from them.
Thanks for that. I thought I had read that somewhere but couldn’t find anything on the various emails I’ve had. Maybe I’d better hold fire.....

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham

I ordered my Cupra Lux Monday and I have been told I have to wait till January

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.