Dickheads with dash cams

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Yeah I know what you mean! Lots of people can’t drive!

A lot of the time it's bikers thinking they're above the law. Don't get me wrong i know they're vulnerable on a bike but some of the biker compilations i've seen you'd think they belong to royalty the way they speak and act.

The worst ones are when somebody pulls out then they accelerate up their arse
I bought one after being one car behind a massive accident on the motorway - the guy at fault was a complete knob about it and had I had one at the time it would have saved a lot of hassle and backwards and forwards with the police.

No need to use any evidence myself yet luckily but it is nice knowing its there if needed and fully agree that the people who drive around trying to gain 'evidence' are just idiots with nothing better going on in their lives.

Saying that I am addicted to the dashcam channels on YouTube :roflmao:

Completely agree. The crash compilations are entertaining at times but the road rage ones are my favourite.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I used to post stuff up, but got bored as people do make mistakes and it is just there if something happens and I need a witness. I also posted on the facebook page and got loads of people telling me I was driving too fast, sadly I didn't explain the road properly and if you don't know it, it looked bad so just removed myself from the group.
These things are subjective so I just don't bother and hope I never need to download the footage again. Didn't even bother with the moped carrying a passenger with no helmet and using the pavement to go past me and others in a line of traffic.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
he will be putting it on a youtube video. i find some of these dash cam videos funny because you frequently see the person who owns the dash cam also having poor driving.

i notice a lot of dash cam drivers accelerating at drivers who have made a mistake, especially at roundabouts, there is no need to accelerate to cause further risk.

Reactions: OJ9693

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
A lot of the time it's bikers thinking they're above the law. Don't get me wrong i know they're vulnerable on a bike but some of the biker compilations i've seen you'd think they belong to royalty the way they speak and act.

Completely agree. The crash compilations are entertaining at times but the road rage ones are my favourite.

Really? Perhaps if you spent time on a bike you too might get a little f**ked off with cage drivers. Especially these days when half of them are so engrossed with all the distractions in their cars that they may as well let their seeing eye dog drive. Like the member on here who advised setting up your sound system while driving.
We've even had bikers killed by cops U turning to chase someone doing 10 km/h over the limit.
Perhaps if you saw my brothers mangled leg that's an inch shorter than the other due to some car driving twat U turning in front of him you might understand why we don't trust anyone else on the road.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Really? Perhaps if you spent time on a bike you too might get a little f**ked off with cage drivers. Especially these days when half of them are so engrossed with all the distractions in their cars that they may as well let their seeing eye dog drive. Like the member on here who advised setting up your sound system while driving.
We've even had bikers killed by cops U turning to chase someone doing 10 km/h over the limit.
Perhaps if you saw my brothers mangled leg that's an inch shorter than the other due to some car driving twat U turning in front of him you might understand why we don't trust anyone else on the road.

Before you jump on your high horse, mate, i said SOME bikers. For the record I'm always more cautious of bikers myself. One of my mates got knocked off a few months ago (second time in a year) through no fault of his own and hes still not able to walk, so i'm pretty aware of what happens and can happen to vulnerable bikers.
I'm very aware there are safe and civil drivers/riders out there, i was simply commenting on the ones who aren't. :coolthumb

Reactions: '& Son' managed

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Again this is subjective.

There are k**b head drivers, and k**b head bikers who ruin it for everyone. I always give space to bikers when overtaking. But the same can't be said when they are undertaking in slower traffic, or even worse coming towards you!

So lets assume that we're not all generalising that all riders and drivers are k**b heads, but some let the side down*

*except when it comes to Audi drivers, good Audi drivers are the exception and very much like rocking horse s**t ;)

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Again this is subjective.

There are k**b head drivers, and k**b head bikers who ruin it for everyone. I always give space to bikers when overtaking. But the same can't be said when they are undertaking in slower traffic, or even worse coming towards you!

So lets assume that we're not all generalising that all riders and drivers are k**b heads, but some let the side down*

*except when it comes to Audi drivers, good Audi drivers are the exception and very much like rocking horse s**t ;)
Being a biker myself I happily admit their are definitely plenty of nob head bikers out there just as there are nob head car drivers.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
On another note, I learned very early on not to trust police car drivers, blue lights or otherwise.

When I was 17, I was at a roundabout on probably my 10th driving lesson. A Police car comes to it, doesn't indicate, all signs to me point its going straight across, so I lifted the clutch and nothing happened just as the police car turned right and went across the front of me. My driving instructor had put his foot down on the dual control clutch and brake pedals to stop me moving.

Lesson learned was to watch the driver not just the indicators and not to trust that police know how to drive. Helped me avoid many a honked horn or accident.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
On another note, I learned very early on not to trust police car drivers, blue lights or otherwise.

Police car wrote off my first car when I was 19 and tried to blame me for it. In court he presented this long list of accomplishments like eg driving protection detail for the queen, 16 years clean licence as a police driver. As my heart sank, the judge just turned to him and said "well you should have known better then". Ruled in my favour and put 6 points on his licence.

Shame there weren't dashcams back then as he jumped a red light on the wrong side of the road behind some roadworks and went straight into the side of me.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Police car wrote off my first car when I was 19 and tried to blame me for it. In court he presented this long list of accomplishments like eg driving protection detail for the queen, 16 years clean licence as a police driver. As my heart sank, the judge just turned to him and said "well you should have known better then". Ruled in my favour and put 6 points on his licence.

Shame there weren't dashcams back then as he jumped a red light on the wrong side of the road behind some roadworks and went straight into the side of me.
That is awesome!

In fact that's better than when I was 19 and got pulled over by a copper who was taking a prisoner to Lancaster courts as a witness. He was a right ****head with my brother until I got out the car. Wish I'd had a dash cam then. Long story and one best explained in person and if you know the motorways near me.

Reactions: Legojon

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Before you jump on your high horse, mate, i said SOME bikers. For the record I'm always more cautious of bikers myself. One of my mates got knocked off a few months ago (second time in a year) through no fault of his own and hes still not able to walk, so i'm pretty aware of what happens and can happen to vulnerable bikers.
I'm very aware there are safe and civil drivers/riders out there, i was simply commenting on the ones who aren't. :coolthumb
No, you didn't say some, you generalised. Until you ride, you have no idea what's safe on a bike and what isn't. You also will have not experienced some retard look you in the eye, and pull out. Funny how, when my work bike had lights and siren, the twats always saw me.
It's another case of ZFG.

And, yes there are w****rs on bikes. Darwin sorts them out.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
No, you didn't say some, you generalised. Until you ride, you have no idea what's safe on a bike and what isn't. You also will have not experienced some retard look you in the eye, and pull out. Funny how, when my work bike had lights and siren, the twats always saw me.
It's another case of ZFG.

And, yes there are w****rs on bikes. Darwin sorts them out.
Sorry Lou you need to climb down as he did say ‘some’ if you read it back. And sadly Darwin needs to up his game!

OwenMc

Oct 4, 2017
Hants

And on a similar note... a police car pulled out of a layby to do a U-turn back the opposite direction and drove straight into the side of my sister's vehicle as she was driving home with a brand new car she'd just collected from the dealers.... write-off within 7 miles of pickup.

Once all the dust had settled she drove back to the dealer & asked if she could have her old car back - they were most obliging.
Both passenger side doors completely unopenable, loss evaluator gave her 100% of the value of the brand new car and said he'd never come across a case quite like it.

My sister swore she'd never get a red car again :-D

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Sorry Lou you need to climb down as he did say ‘some’ if you read it back. And sadly Darwin needs to up his game!
A lot of the time it's bikers thinking they're above the law. Don't get me wrong i know they're vulnerable on a bike [but some of the biker compilations] i've seen you'd think they belong to royalty the way they speak and act.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.