Key fob battery low

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I put a new battery in February and is recently started showing the message again. I wonder if the due the colder weather?

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
When we got back from holiday this year having left the car in airport car parking I got the low battery message. Drove around for a few days meaning to take a look at it the following weekend and the message disappeared. Haven't seen it again two months later...

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
I had this issue at the start of the year. Changed battery then a month later the message would come up randomly, not all the time and with both keys. The dealer looked in to it while i had it serviced and presume cleared the fault codes as nothing was replaced and it's been fine since. (touch wood)

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
Both my Toledo keys have packed up and I am waiting for replacements, fortunately the 2nd one packed up at the dealers while it was in for a service.. The local dealer got me a temporary key and within 5 days is now showing replace battery.
I am not sure if there is an ESD problem with these fobs and they are being zapped.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
My car is almost 4 years and is now telling me to replace the battery, after approx 2 years since I did it before, wife’s fob still still on the original battery and it gets far more use than mine(her car),a quality battery was used when I replaced it, who knows?
My S2000 Honda fob battery lasted 8 years and had much more use and multiple presses, doors and boot release, different type of system perhaps.

Oct 10, 2019
Apologies for bringing up a relatively old post, but did any get a definitive answer on this? Bought a new car (for us) recently, and replaced both batteries on the keys as the message came up. Only about 3 months later and its showing again! This is a 65 plate Leon. Have to pop into the local Seat Garage for a Boot Latch part anyway, so may ask them about his as well. I didn't even check if I was still in warranty but knowing me it won't be!

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Apologies for bringing up a relatively old post, but did any get a definitive answer on this? Bought a new car (for us) recently, and replaced both batteries on the keys as the message came up. Only about 3 months later and its showing again! This is a 65 plate Leon. Have to pop into the local Seat Garage for a Boot Latch part anyway, so may ask them about his as well. I didn't even check if I was still in warranty but knowing me it won't be!
I have the same issue as well. I replaced the key fob, and then a week later car went in for a service and the engineer changed the key fob battery again.

decided I’ll just keep my spare handy until my usual one actually runs out of battery and then I’ll change it.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Her car but my key had been asking for battery for sometime now, car was in for a service mid week and dealer changed the battery for me, listed on the invoice but no extra on the quoted service cost.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Don't let it go flat. Mine did the morning we were moving house and driving to catch the ferry. I couldn't remember how to manually open the car, the dealer was closed and the spare key and manual were locked inside.
To top it off, my wife's Arona fob uses a different battery, so switching that was out.
Luckily Google came to the rescue with a vid on opening Leons.

Deleted member 103408

mine is 14 reg and i am still on original key battery

Bevii3

Jun 27, 2018
mines got the message for the second time in a year and a couple of months ownership.. all my previous cars (vw polo's) never had issues like this. cars now out of warranty so im hesitant whether to buy battery and change myself or to let dealership do it

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
mines got the message for the second time in a year and a couple of months ownership.. all my previous cars (vw polo's) never had issues like this. cars now out of warranty so im hesitant whether to buy battery and change myself or to let dealership do it
But a good quality battery and do it yourself.
BTW. I always use keyless touch unlock, are the short lived ones used for remote unlock?