MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Current location...

SEAT CS Cia email stating an estimated 3 weeks after it docks in UK, but dealers and CS over the phone saying sooner.

0e99a169de846bb3eb5e3994f028553e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I’ve got a confirmed build week 44 (week commencing 28 October), and I’m being advised date to dealer is late Nov/Early December.

Another extension to brexit anyone?

When and what did you order

Cannot believe I still have no BW and ordered July 10th

Ali Bailey

Aug 30, 2019
To give perspective on the builds, I ordered Mag Grey 290 lux on 10th July, no added extras apart from lux variant. Order accepted 25th August, given a soft BW 36 at that stage, then moved back to "anticipated" delivery mid November, now currently BW 3 unconfirmed.

Also learnt my lesson in selling a current owned car on an anticipated delivery.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
To give perspective on the builds, I ordered Mag Grey 290 lux on 10th July, no added extras apart from lux variant. Order accepted 25th August, given a soft BW 36 at that stage, then moved back to "anticipated" delivery mid November, now currently BW 3 unconfirmed.

Also learnt my lesson in selling a current owned car on an anticipated delivery.

My god that’s hideous. I’m annoyed for you. There have been previously reported issues with ACC and a few other lux specific spec supply issues, but quite why yours has been delayed like this will remain a mystery.

We ordered ST Lux plus pan roof 10/7.

Order accepted during shutdown so mid August.

Soft BW 40, then confirmed as 39, so it’s built and at the port awaiting Pegasus Ace.

They’re great cars but not sure it’s worth the hassle for some. The trouble is, some lead times are almost acceptable. Many others wouldn’t order if they knew they’d be such significant delays.

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
If, at the point of order back in May, I knew of the delays and that my current motor wasn't terminal as advised(!), then I'd have gone for a Fiesta ST instead.

Hope the wait will be worth it.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
If, at the point of order back in May, I knew of the delays and that my current motor wasn't terminal as advised(!), then I'd have gone for a Fiesta ST instead.

Hope the wait will be worth it.
Having owned a Fiesta ST you won't be disappointed in the car. The Cupra Is in a completely different league both in terms of performance and build quality.

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Ordered 12 September - 1 black Cupra 290, no additions.

I assume you’ve chased up with your dealer? I kinda hounded mine for a few weeks for an update

I call Seat every few days.

Im really annoyed now you ordered months after me and have a BW

if I don’t have a BW Monday I’m going to complain and see where that gets me and if by end of week no BW or compensation for this delay I may cancel.

it’s a joke July 10th and still nothing,lost interest now!!

The Banker

Aug 9, 2019
I call Seat every few days.

Im really annoyed now you ordered months after me and have a BW

if I don’t have a BW Monday I’m going to complain and see where that gets me and if by end of week no BW or compensation for this delay I may cancel.

it’s a joke July 10th and still nothing,lost interest now!!
Who did you order with? I’m planning to cancel this week but am expecting an argument about cancellation fees.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Who did you order with? I’m planning to cancel this week but am expecting an argument about cancellation fees.
Motor source group

there is no argument,they can’t actually legally charge you and there is multiple avenues to go down if they try it on.

especially if they have not told you about delays etc I was told 12 weeks which has come and gone with no BW let alone car

should be no reason they don’t give you money back.Even if Seat pay it back as the people who caused the cancel !!

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019

I did exactly the same. Sold my current car and borrowed my sister's for the wait then I got delayed with the same dates as yours.

I cancelled. The replacement is being delivered in the morning.

No other hot hatch came close in the (monthly) price bracket so I've gone in a different direction completely.

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Yer
I did exactly the same. Sold my current car and borrowed my sister's for the wait then I got delayed with the same dates as yours.

I cancelled. The replacement is being delivered in the morning.

No other hot hatch came close in the (monthly) price bracket so I've gone in a different direction completely.
i am literally same boat with same order so you can rest easy it was a good decision for you.

This car ticks every box for me so I will wait it’s just unbelievable and I expect them to compensate customers for this type of delay.

I still think it’s brexit.

thing is I’m still being told on one hand it will be November delivery and then on another hand BW in Jan Feb March.

I just want a straight anwser so I can plan what to do.

my 17plate FR is due to be bought or given back by Jan 4th and I was considering an alteca or another FR but I can get rid before I have the cupra or I’ll have no car lol

I’m going to end up having to buy the FR or having to stress around with overlap which I really CBA to do

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Yer

I still think it’s brexit.

thing is I’m still being told on one hand it will be November delivery and then on another hand BW in Jan Feb March.

I just want a straight anwser so I can plan what to do.

You don’t seem to be making much progress on this Betts. In your shoes, and way before now, I’d have escalated this to SEAT UK, and also their press office to get some concrete answers.

Try [email protected]

Head of Press and PR

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
You don’t seem to be making much progress on this Betts. In your shoes, and way before now, I’d have escalated this to SEAT UK, and also their press office to get some concrete answers.

Try [email protected]

Head of Press and PR

So I have sent a long and complaining email so will see.

I will call Seat Uk after 12 and see what they say and make an official complaint.

today is 14 weeks since I ordered and no BW

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Some of the guys who ordered Cupra STs had waits of 9 months +. I don't think it's Brexit, I think it's the silly low price. Name me something similar you can buy for £21k brand new or lease for £250? I personally don't think they can meet demand.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.