Mk 1 cupra gauges not working

Feb 2, 2019
Just jumped in the car this morning and noticed the speedo,revs,fuel,temp and all warning lights have stopped working.the battery light works,when i turn the lights and indicators on they relevent lights flash for them,the milage is still working.any ideas?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Just jumped in the car this morning and noticed the speedo,revs,fuel,temp and all warning lights have stopped working.the battery light works,when i turn the lights and indicators on they relevent lights flash for them,the milage is still working.any ideas?

Check fuse 11 and 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 2, 2019
Update,its now working when i turn the ignition on,start the car and after about 0.5seconds the gauges stop workin again. Also starter motor has just decided its not going to work,could this be connected,earth problem,relay maybe or just coincidence?

Feb 2, 2019
Thankyou,
Another update,starter is knackered,give it a tap and it works so i dont think is connected just bad timing.
As for the clusters when i unplugged them to check connections and wires on the back i started the car and it ran without the clusters connected which i know shouldnt happen.could this stil be an earthing issue or maybe somthing deeper with the wiring.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Sounds like some kind of immob issue to me ... grounding or immob is what I’d be looking for... but where is the question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
That is a strange one, like you said, afaik the car shouldn't start without the cluster attached. It definitely sounds like you have a faulty starter or starter solenoid.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise